Note: Accessories such as metal halide lighting, submersible pumps, etc… can add a great deal of heat not considered in the above chart. Decrease volume by 25% to determine the horsepower needed to chill that amount of water.
- The Ultimate Stress Reducer—The Prime Chiller will keep your tank buddies cool on those hot summer days. The small compact size makes it easy to fit almost anywhere.
- Heat Removal Machine—Super quiet, energy-efficient, high BTU compressor delivers more BTU`s than any similar size chiller on the market—providing more cooling power requiring less electricity.
- Intelligent Design, Inside and Out—Corrosion resistant, titanium heat-exchanger offers the peace of mind you want out of a chiller. Integrated dual-stage temperature controller controls both the chiller and an external heater up to 300w (heater not included). Rubber feet eliminates vibration noise. Cool features, with capacity to spare, make this the Prime candidate for your cooling needs.
- What`s Included—Each chiller includes an integrated dual-stage digital temperature controller (temperature range 60°–80°F), 1/2" and 5/8" inlet/outlet barb fittings, 6ft power cable and instructions. Both 1/15 & 1/10hp chillers use safe R-134A refrigerant.
Pump(s) or some way to circulate water through the chiller are required and sold separately.
- Horsepower: 1/15hp
- BTU: 750
- Volts/Amps: 115V/1.6A
- Flow Rate: 100-350 GPH
- Thermostat Type: Dual
- w/ Thermal Expansion Valve: No
- Dimensions: 9.5in x 12in x 11.5in
Flow Rate: 100-350gph
Thermostat Type: Dual
w/ Thermal Expansion Valve: No
Dimensions: 9.5in x 12in x 11.5in
**Note: All chillers come with a smart memory technology to order to maintain your settings during the event of a power outage
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year from date of purchase
1/15hp Current USA Prime Chiller w/ Dual Stage Thermostat
Posted: 10/7/2010 from NEW YORK, NY UNITED STATES
I see that this is now discontinued, but thought I'd review it anyway. Bought it in 2007 and used it on my 29g reef tank (10 gal sump). Worked great and still works great but even 1/10hp wasn't enough once I switched to 250 W of MH in my apartment. I keep it as a backup chiller. Fantastic value and built to last!
Did you find this review helpful?
Works great, priced right.
Posted: 1/20/2010 from Charlotte, NC UNITED STATES
An excellent chiller for small applications up to 30 gallons. This little unit works as advertised, has never leaked, and isn't noisy(about half as loud as an airpump). You simply set the temp, plug in your submersible heater and this chiller takes care of both ends of the spectrum. If the temp passes the upper range, the chiller kicks in and brings it down. If it reaches the lower range, it directs power to the heater. Trouble free and easy to use.
1 of 1 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 10/30/2009 from Trabuco Canyon, CA UNITED STAT
I have battled temps in my aquapod 24 for years. 83-86 degrees and was afraid to look most summer days. using Fans & ice, I was stressed and the tank was more stressed. If you reading this you know what I mean. Since I have installed the chiller my temps are exactly 78. My tank has never looked better and now I worry about getting my water perfect. Reefkeepers should be able to control the temp and this chiller does a perfect job for my 24 gallon aquapod. Didn't want to spend the money but I was glad I did.
6 of 6 People found this review helpful, did you?
2 thumbs up
Posted: 10/20/2009 from SACRAMENTO, CA UNITED STATES
This has been a very dependable, and unlike the other review; QUIET chiller for my 60g tank ;)This is my 3rd summer with this chiller and has worked just as well as the day I received it. Without it summers could bring my tank up to 90 deg. if I didnt have fans running, now, Im sittin pretty @ 80, and could go lower if I wanted. The heater control just makes it that much better in providing peace of mind and stability to my tank. Many fellow club members of mine also use various sizes of this product, and would highly recommend it to anyone.
7 of 7 People found this review helpful, did you?
Crazy loud and vibrates
Posted: 9/3/2009 from INDIANAPOLIS, IN UNITED STATES
I got this chiller for my 34gallon solana. It was very loud, and vibrated constantly while running. I could hear this thing throughout the whole house! I ended up setting 100lbs of weight on the top to stop the vibration, but it was still too loud for a living room. I contacted current and returned it, exchanging it for a JBJ mini-Arctica 1/15, which is quiet and awesome! Save yourself some headache and don't buy this chiller.
6 of 12 People found this review helpful, did you?