Aquarium Pharmaceuticals API FilStar Canister Filter - S (up to 45 gallons) - Information
It’s no wonder the API Filstar xP canister filters received an industry recognition award for the best aquarium filter! Easy-to-use and extremely powerful with multi-stage filtration and bypass-free circulation, the API Filstar continues to raise the bar for the best possible aquarium filtration.
Easy to Install:
Easy to Use:
- Adjustable Height inlet tube, fits even the deepest aquariums.
- Modular outlet system adjusts to any aquarium.
- 160 degree rotation of inlet/outlet nozzles.
- Self-priming, easy start system.
- Unique one-step water shut-off and disconnect control lever.
- Easily accessible flow control from above tank level.
- Disposable filtration pouches for easy clean-up.
- Multi-use filtration baskets with handles for easy maintenance.
- Built in handles for easy carrying of filter during maintenance.
- Easily accessible impeller.
- Efficient 3-stage filtration: mechanical, chemical & Biological.
- Bypass-free: ensures complete water flow through the filter media.
- Maximum capacity baskets hold large amounts of filtration media.
- Long-life shaft will not degrade, even in salt water.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Bio-Chem Zorb® 10oz - Information
- Unique anti-airlock system ensures continuous flow.
- Self-locking water shutoff system prevents accidental flow during maintenance.
- Rubber feet prevent slipping and dampen noise and vibration.
- Barbed nozzles and safety clips (included) ensure a water tight connection.
- Anti-overheating design protects motor if filter is clogged.
The most scientifically-advanced filter media available. For sparkling clean water and healthy fish. Bio-Chem Zorb is a blend of 2 research-grade scavenger resins, 2 pharmaceutical-grade ion-exchange resins and high porosity activated carbon in a convenient filter pouch. Bio-Chem Zorb removes organic waste, toxic gases, water discoloration, foul odors and phenols in both fresh and saltwater, and toxic heavy metals in freshwater. Bio-Chem Zorb will not release phosphates. Treats up to 55 Gallons.
Purpose and Benefits:
Directions for Use: Rinse the pouch thoroughly in tap water before use. Place the pouch in the aquarium filter so water passes through the pouch. Bio-Chem Zorb will remove pollutants for up to six months depending on stocking density and the level of pollutants generated in the aquarium. A heavily stocked aquarium will require more frequent replacement of Bio-Chem Zorb than a lightly stocked aquarium that receives a water change every week.
- Bio-Chem Zorb is a water filtration media comprised of research-grade organic scavenger resins, pharmaceuticals-grade ion-exchange resins and high-porosity activated carbon in a flow-through pouch. Bio-Chem Zorb removes dissolved organic pollutants from freshwater and saltwater aquariums. Bio-Chem Zorb can be used in any filter.
- Fish, invertebrates, plants, algae and uneaten fish food release a variety of organic pollutants into the aquarium. When these pollutants accumulate in an aquarium, a stressful environment is created for all inhabitants. Poor water quality leads to lower disease resistance, inhibited growth, reduced oxygen level, discolored aquarium water and foul odors. Continuous filtration with Bio-Chem Zorb will restore water quality and create crystal clear water.
- Bio-Chem Zorb works in freshwater aquariums by ion exchange and adsorption. Dissolved organics are adsorbed by the organic scavenger resins and activated carbon. The ion-exchange resins remove toxic heavy metals such as copper and lead. Use Bio-Chem Zorb in freshwater aquariums to keep the water healthy and sparkling clear.
- In saltwater, Bio-Chem Zorb relies on the powerful adsorption properties of the organic scavenger resins and activated carbon. Bio-Chem Zorb is especially useful in removing refractory organics that cause yellow water, which results from a build-up of dissolved organics. These organic pollutants reduce the transmittance of blue light necessary for many marine invertebrates.
Compatibility: Bio-Chem Zorb can be used in all freshwater and marine aquariums.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Aquarium Supplies
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals (API) has been helping people take good care of ornamental fish for over 40 years. Their research and development scientists have advanced the care of fish with all-natural medications, stable bacteria for biological filtration, one-bottle test kits, consumer-friendly dosing caps and much more. They’ve received over 25 global patents for their breakthrough innovations in the aquatics industry. And they continue to look for ways to improve the fishkeeping experience for hobbyists. Research. Experience. Dedication to scientific, quality treatment for healthy fish. It’s what makes API the first choice of aquarium owners. API manufactures and sells hundreds of products across many different product categories, including aquarium and pond treatments, aquarium equipment, aquariums and fish nutrition.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $199 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- EcoTech Marine, NYOS, and Aqua Illumination
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards