Maintain a pure, healthy marine aquarium ecosystem. Remove more organic waste. Reduce water change frequency. AquaEuro™ Protein Skimmers maintain a clean marine aquarium ecosystem by effectively eliminating dissolved organic compounds (DOC), which is a must for keeping a pure, healthy environment for your aquarium inhabitants. Protein Skimmers mix air and saltwater rapidly causing dissolved organic waste to separate from the water and adhere to rising oxygen bubbles which collect in the cup of the skimmer for easy disposal. Removing dissolved waste decreases nitrates and nuisance algae in your aquarium. A protein skimmer next to live rock is the most important part of filtration for saltwater aquariums.
- Superior craftsmanship, high quality thick acrylic (not plastic) construction
- Includes premium, oil-free `Pin Wheel Pump` for maximum bubble production and maximum waste removal
- Aquatrance AQ-1000s Pin wheel pump (9 Watts / Max Air - 420 L/H)
- Includes Bubble plate diffuser to increase `skimmate`
- Ceramic shaft for longer life
- Highly efficient durable and reliable, minimal maintenance needed
- Easy to set-up and operate
- Increased skimming ability, ultra efficient
- Chops water and air into a fine mixture of micro bubbles, high bubble dwell time results in large collection of DOC
- Draws air directly into `Pin Wheel Pump` and Bubble Plate Diffusers
- Footprint: 7" x 7"
- Height/Diameter: 17.25" / 4.5"
- Pump: 1- NW Aquatrance 1000s Pump
- Tank size up to: 55 Gallons
- Wattage: 9 Watts
AquaEuroUSA is dedicated to offering only the finest quality aquarium products on the market. They offer a full line of quiet and reliable chillers, well-constructed protein skimmers, calcium reactors, exquisite aquarium systems, submersible pumps with flow control, cool magnetic drive pumps, titanium heaters and an assortment of other high-quality, low-cost aquarium products.
Aqua Euro USA Classic 55 Gallon Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer with Bubble Plate
Pump is LOUD!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 from DUBLIN, CA UNITED STATES
Bought this to replace a Euro-Reep skimmer that was old. Easy setup although the instructions left out which port to plug the air hose into on the silencer. Not a big deal..
The biggest problem I have is with the pump. It's twice as loud as the old pump from my old skimmer. I've moved it around to make sure it wasn't vibrating on the side of the sump but it's the actualy motor!
Anyone else have this problem?
0 of 1 People found this review helpful, did you?
Aqua Euro Classic 55 gallon sk
Posted: 12/13/2010 from CLEARFIELD, UT UNITED STATES
Was looking for parts for a older skimmer witch was hard to find.Bought the AquaEuro for my 55 gal. instead and it works great.
1 of 1 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 5/23/2010 from MILFORD, CT UNITED STATES
All I can say is this product blew my expectations away... completed. I have purchased an out of tank skimmer(Octopus brand, based on recommendations), paid over 100 more and it just was not working out.
I can't be happier
4 of 4 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 4/14/2010 from Jefferson, IA UNITED STATES
seems to work great so far. i dont like how the chamber with the funnel fills with nasty skimmate that you cant just take out and dump, although its supposed to keep it from overflowing the collection cup. it put alot of micro bubbles in my tank until it broke in (within the first day)now it is hardly putting any in.
3 of 4 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 2/11/2010 from NEW ALBANY, IN UNITED STATES
Very well build. Started working 24hrs. after hook up.
3 of 3 People found this review helpful, did you?