- Specifically engineered to meet the environmental demands of fish ponds
- The lightweight media is designed for very high flow rates
- Low head loss
- Very high biofilm surface
This is the next generation of filters and the best tool for Koi ponds. The Aqua UV Ultima II External Filter is specifically engineered to meet the environmental demands of fish ponds. The lightweight media is designed for very high flow rates. The tubular Bio-Media has low head loss and a very high biofilm surface. The "Y" shape on the inside and wings on the outside afford a protective surface under backwashing, and with our patented backwash system will keep the media from clogging. The same properties have been added to this media in three different sizes with random lengths and diameters to avoid stacking. The Ultima II tubular bio-media offers the highest surface area for growth of beneficial bacteria. No other backwashable pressurized filter compares. Cleaning the filter is done by internal jets. The Ultima II is also the ideal filter for aquariums where very high flow rates are desired.
Aqua UV Ultima II 1000 Filter:
- Dimensions (Diameter x Height): 12" x 22"
- Pond Size: up to 1000 gal
- Recommend Pump Flow Rate: 1000GPH (at 10` of head pressure)
- 1 1/2" Inlet/Outlets (2" available upon special request)
- Max Pressue 38 PSI
- Top Valve Mount
Ultima II systems are packed with ultra-high filtration bio-media that provides both mechanical and biological filtration, ideal for aquariums and fish ponds. The advantage of the Ultima II filter is it´s non-organic filter media with properties that encourage bacteria growth. The disadvantage of conventional bead filters is they have only a single-surface area which encourages a second layer of bacteria to grow over the initial layer. The enclapsulated bacteria underneath can become anaerobic. This continuous cycle can pose problems. Research led to three different types of media designed to grow and hold amonia-oxidizing bacteria and heterothropic bacteria. Just one cubic foot of these three media has over two million tiny shapes. One cubic foot of Ultima II Media is equal to 750 square feet of surface area. The Ultima II system is designed to offer you exceptionally clear water, great for ponds and aquariums. Cleaning is done by internal jet back-washing.
- Easy setup and assembly
- No blower needed
- Just minutes to backwash
- Internal jets do the work for you
- Unique patented media design
- Does not channel or clump together
- Very heavy flow rate
- No channeling
- Minutes to backwash
- Heavy fish loads
- Seeded with natural bacteria
- Compact filter can be buried
- Unique tubular design protects bacteria while dislodging unwanted debris
- Mechanical and Biological
- Please use appropriate pump for filter size (i.e., if your pond is 2000 Gallons and you buy a 4000 Gallon Filter, use a 4000 GPH pump as well)
- 1-1/2 valve maximum flow rate 75gpm, 2" maximum flow rate 125gpm
- Optional 2" high flow top valve available on 1,000 through 4,000 models
Product Manuals & Documentation
Aqua Ultraviolet Aquarium Supplies
Aqua Ultraviolet, founded in 1975, is a popular manufacturer of ultraviolet sterilizers and bio-mechanical filtration. All Aqua Ultraviolet (also referred to as Aqua UV) products are created, tested and manufactured in their Temecula, CA headquarters. By creating all of their products in-house, Aqua Ultraviolet can perform thorough quality control and even engineer custom designs for special orders. The customer-centric company has a toll-free number with a friendly support staff willing to help you choose the right products and walk you through the installation process. Aqua Ultraviolet’s UV sterilizers are popular among freshwater and saltwater aquarium hobbyists in addition to pond and water gardeners.
Warranty: Complete Unit: One year from the date of purchase or 18 months from manufacturing date.