API FilStar Bio-Chem Stars
Canister filter media designed to fit the FilStar XP. Simply the best bio-filtration media available. Optimal pore size for growing massive colonies of beneficial bacteria. Treats up to 100 gallons.
Bio-Chem Stars® - for fresh and salt water:
Bio-Chem Stars are a biological filtration medium that provides a substrate for the optimal growth of beneficial bacteria. Their internal pore structure is formed under a patented process that creates a 50-70 micron internal pore network. This pore size is optimal for the growth of beneficial bacteria, including nitrifying bacteria that remove toxic ammonia and nitrite. It also allows the best oxygen and water transfer through the star, which keeps bacterial colonies healthy and active. Because of this complete internal colonization, Bio-Chem Stars are the most efficient biological filter medium available for use in FilStar Canister Power Filters.
- Grows massive colonies of beneficial bacteria
- Provides more growing area than plastic balls, foams or undergravel filters
- Advanced polymer material has optimal pore size for maximum oxygen and water transfer
- 20 stars support up to a 100 U.S. gallon (379 L) aquarium
Directions for use in RENA® FilStar Filters:
Because Bio-Chem Stars do not break down or clog, they may be used indefinitely. Continuous water flow is necessary to maintain living colonies of bacteria. Use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Test Kits to monitor water quality weekly.
- One 20-count bag of Bio-Chem Stars should be used for every 100 U.S. gallons (380 L) of aquarium water
- Remove Bio-Chem Stars from plastic bag and rinse thoroughly to remove any dust.
- Place Bio-Chem Stars in the last (top) compartment in the FilStar filter.
- Bio-Chem Stars will become colonized by bacteria within several weeks. Using STRESS ZYME® will help in the development of the biological filter.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Aquarium Supplies
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals (API) has been helping people take good care of ornamental fish for over 40 years. Their research and development scientists have advanced the care of fish with all-natural medications, stable bacteria for biological filtration, one-bottle test kits, consumer-friendly dosing caps and much more. They’ve received over 25 global patents for their breakthrough innovations in the aquatics industry. And they continue to look for ways to improve the fishkeeping experience for hobbyists. Research. Experience. Dedication to scientific, quality treatment for healthy fish. It’s what makes API the first choice of aquarium owners. API manufactures and sells hundreds of products across many different product categories, including aquarium and pond treatments, aquarium equipment, aquariums and fish nutrition.