New from EcoTech Marine! Control your Radion lights and VorTech pumps wirelessly from your smartphone with the use of the EcoTech Marine ReefLink and the latest version of the EcoSmart Live App.
Ecotech Marine VorTech Propeller MP40 Pump w/ Wireless EcoSMART Driver
Features a new magnet, high performance plastic drive shaft screw, a revised wet frame cover and is fully backwards compatible with all EcoTech VorTech pumps. The new magnet is fully encapsulated within black plastic, cannot be scratched or damaged under normal use, is more durable, eliminates rusting and requires no regularly scheduled replacements.
Features for the MP40 include:
Enhancements to existing modes include:
- Long Pulse Mode allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 and 60 seconds, enabling you to create slow alternating flow throughout your tank. And, you can couple multiple masters and slaves to create spiraling or gyre flow too!
- A new Night Mode – one of the most sought after enhancements - enables you to set your pump to operate for 14 hours in whichever mode you select for the day and go back to Night Mode for 10 hours. Master pumps will tell their slaves to go into Night Mode as well. Your Night Mode setting will be stored for as long as you want or until you cycle power to the pump, at which point you simply program the Night Mode again.
- A Pump Disconnect feature automatically shuts down your pump if the dry and wet sides become separated.
- Feed Mode has been slowed from 1000gph to 500gph to make it easier than ever for you to spot feed corals and slow moving fish in your tank with the push of a button.
- A modified range of adjustment for Short Pulse Mode makes it easier for you to fine tune wave form.
- A novel save function for Pulse Mode enables you to save your own fine-tuned wave, providing you an even higher level of customization, and preventing you from ever having to re-program a wave again.
- A more sporadic Reef crest Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems enables more pronounced speed changes constantly throughout the day
- A more sporadic Lagoon Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems provides your tank with enhanced variability to better simulate a lagoon environment
- EcoTech Marine has created a new benchmark for wave-like flow by taking a direct route to what we all desire as reef aquarium hobbyists; we wanted high flow, low heat, easy, efficient and controllable technology. Now we have it.
The VorTech minimizes the intrusion of equipment in your tank by using a patent pending bracketless design; this allows the motor to be on the outside of the aquarium and uses a magnetic field to transfer torque through the aquarium wall to the propeller located in the water.
No Heat Transfer - No Heat added to the water
Due to the use of high intensity metal halide lighting, inefficient return pumps, and powerheads, many aquarists must resort to expensive equipment or loud fans to keep their water temperature stable. The VorTech induces very little heat into the aquarium because of EcoTech Marine`s patent pending magnetically coupled design which transfers motion through the glass, but not heat.
The VorTech uses the most advanced motor technology available, allowing the water flow rate to be completely controllable. Operating on tanks between 20 and 500 gallons and producing between 100 and 3,000 gallons per hour of flow, the VorTech is the most versatile flow product on the market. The VorTech is designed to operate on gap thickness from 1/8" to 3/4".
No AC Current - No AC electricity in the aquarium water
The VorTech is safer than existing products because there is no dangerous AC electricity brought into the aquarium. This keeps your fish and corals happy and healthy, while minimizing your own risk of electrocution.
The VorTech is designed to be the safest and most reliable product on the market:
- Over-current protection - if the propeller becomes jammed, our micro controller will sense the problem and shut the motor down to prevent overheating.
The VorTech moves more water within your aquarium than conventional powerheads, plus you save money by not having to invest in and run a costly chiller.
The VorTech is virtually maintenance free. Classic powerheads use an impeller attached to a magnet assembly which needs to be cleaned every few months. The VorTech need only be serviced minimally to replace a simple and economical bearing.
Battery Backup Accessory(Sold Separately)
In an aquarium with no flow, fish and corals begin to die in 4 to 10 hours. The EcoTech Marine Battery Backup is reef tank insurance in an aluminum housing. By adding the Battery Backup, your tank is insulated from power interruptions for up to 20 hours with the MP60w, 36 hours with the MP40w, 72 hours with the MP10w and 16 hours with the Radion XR30w.
With the touch of a button, the VorTech enters into feed mode and all pumps shut down for 10 minutes to allow you to feed your aquarium.
Battery Backup Mode
The Wireless Wave Driver can also be used with the battery backup accessory.
- Dimensions: 3" x 2.25" (Dry-Side), 3" x 2.25" (Wet-Side)
- Flow Range: 1,000-3,200 GPH
- Max Tank Thickness: 0.75"
- Tank Size Range: 50-500+ Gallons
- Clearance Neede Behind Tank: 3.0"
- Power Consumption: 9-28 Watts
Ecotech Marine VorTech EcoSMART Features:
- Improved Wireless Range
- On/Off Button
- Wave Auto-Tune Mode
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode
- EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode
- Dark Mode
- New and Improved Night Mode, Feed Mode, Battery Backup Power Meter
- The Classic Reef Crest, Lagoonal, Short Pulse and Long Pulse Modes are still included
- A new more water resistant driver case
EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode
In this EcoSMART mode water is circulated to create a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic with an emphasis on left to right flow direction to an emphasis on right to left flow direction, all the while experiencing calm period in between and followed by a great surge of flow at the very end of the cycle. Adjusting the dial changes the maximum speed achieved at any time during this mode. Slave pumps should be positioned opposite the master and on the back of the tank to take full advantage of the EcoSMART modes.
EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode
In this EcoSMART mode, water is circulated in a two phase program consisting of wave motion to stir up detritus and surging motion to move the detritus into your overflow where it can be skimmed out. This effect promotes maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS. Adjusting the dial changes the maximum speed achieved at any time during this mode. Slave pumps should be positioned opposite the master and on the back of the tank to take full advantage of the EcoSMART modes.
Classic Reef-Crest and Lagoonal Random Modes
In random mode you can toggle between two different modes, Reef-Crest and Lagoonal. When a pump is in Lagoonal Random Mode, the dial is used to set the maximum operational speed, and the driver will automatically randomize the pumps output to simulate either a high (Reef-Crest) or low (Lagoonal) energy reef environment. If this pump is a master, the associated slave pumps will replicate the master in sync or anti-sync modes.
EcoSMART Driver General Operational Modes
Ecotech Marine ReefLink
ReefLink provides completely wireless access to the world of EcoSmart Live, the web-based aquarium command center from EcoTech Marine.
ReefLink enables a continuous real-time connection with EcoTech equipment via ecosmartlive.com. Control EcoTech reef aquarium equipment from your computer or tablet — anywhere, any time.
ReefLink is easy to set up. Just place the ReefLink anywhere within range of your WiFi router, and power it on. Then forget about it. No wires. No adapters. No worries.
- Goodby wires: Wirelessly control any EcoSmart-enabled EcoTech product (Radions, VorTechs)
- Multiple tanks: Control the equipment on one or more tanks with one ReefLink
- WiFi built in: ReefLink uses WiFi to communicate with your router
- RF built in: ReefLink uses RF (radio frequency) to communicate with your EcoTech products — no dongles or adapters required
- Direct connect option: If WiFi is not available, connect the ReefLink using an Ethernet cable
- Connection indicator: An LED ring informs you of the status of your ReefLink connection
- ReefLink will currently control your Radion LED Lights, VorTech control coming soon.
- Input 110-240 V (50/60hz)
- Ethernet 10/100 mb
- WiFi 802.11n
- Windows XP or later, or OSX 10.6 or later
- Java SE 6 or later
- Websocket-capable browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari
When you connect Apex Ready
certified products to your Apex System, many new options will unfold. How about having your LED lights dim or change color temperature at the touch of your iPad? How about programming your Tunze or VorTech pumps for some serious wave action? That’s what you get when you pair up the Apex System and an Apex Ready certified product.