The PLS-50 Elite from CAD Lights (Works for All-In-One filters, sumps or directly In-Tank).
Welcome to the cutting edge of protein skimming! Building on the incredible success of the original PLS-50, CAD Lights set forth to refine and re-imagine every last detail to create the ultimate nano reef protein skimmer. The original PLS-50 started by combining features previously only seen in full sized skimmers meant for large aquariums, integrating a bubble plate, air injection venturi, 2-way air silencer, 100% cell cast acrylic construction, a true pin-wheel impeller, and of course our ultra space saving patented pipeless designed controls. Building upon this breakthrough design, CAD Lights pushed the limits to refine every last detail and create the pinnacle of nano reef protein skimming: The PLS-50 Elite.
PLS-50 Elite New Features:
- Improved controls for smoother and more accurate adjustments. Set it and forget it!
- Larger bubble plate for increased capacity and overall efficiency
- New micro-bubble eliminating mechanics with virtually no micro-bubble discharge
- 25% larger collection cup and skimmer neck
- Higher speed skimmer drain and water intake
- New simplified universal skimmer mount with single screw height adjustment
- Now works in a wider range of water levels, from 4"-7.5"
- Shorter break-in time, as short as 24 hours! (varying depending on livestock load, parameters, maturity of aquarium etc.)
PLS-50 Elite Nano Protein Skimmer Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.25 x 3.25" x 15"
- Air Draw: 187 LPH
- Noise Emission: Less than 5dB over audible sound. Silence equals Quality. Almost inaudible!
- Aquarium Capacity: 5 Gallons to 60 Gallons
- 100% High Quality Cell-Cast Acrylic
- Easily Disassembles In 3 Pieces
- Built-in Professional Bubble-Plate
- Direct Tension Knob Controls With Immediate Response
- Sliding Tank Mount For High or Low Positioning
- Professional TIA Protein Skimmer Pump
CAD Lights PLS-50 Elite Nano Pipeless Protein skimmer
CAD Lights 50-pls elite
KARL W MD GREEN
Posted: 12/3/2014 from Palmetto Bay, FL UNITED STATES
This skimmer is difficult to adjust. If you are keeping it in the back of a dark sump, I would not recommend it for this reason. I found that after rotating the skimmer for adjustment that when the set screw is tightened, the adjustment was thrown off and it would overflow. I believe that it should not be used in an aquarium over 30 total gallons as the rating up to 60 gallons in my opinion is way too generous. I placed a hugh amount of skimmate from my 180 gallon tank in the tank with this skimmer and in no way, did I obtain anywhere near the skimmate I had put in the tank. I know that this is subjective but that is my opinion. It can be hung on smaller tanks with a rim. Mine is on a 20 gallon long. It will need a block of some sort to stay straight up. I used a pair of magnets for this purpose.
Did you find this review helpful?
Good and Bad
Posted: 11/3/2014 from Bon Aqua, TN UNITED STATES
The skimmer itself is very nice and very small. The CAD Lights company is garbage. Waited two weeks for a replacement part for this BRAND NEW skimmer. Store ended up having to replace my entire new skimmer due to CAD Lights never sending me a part or returning phone calls to the store.
1 of 1 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 8/22/2014 from GROVER, MO UNITED STATES
I bought this to replace my Innovative Marine Skimmer, which was a complete nightmare. I was pleased to find that the CAD Lights PLS-50 Elite delivered. Very quite. Easy to set up. Very few micro bubbles. Started producing results within 36 hours. If you are looking for a good skimmer to fit your Innovative Marine Nuvo 40, this is it. I would give it a 5 stars if the air adjustment was less sensitive.
Did you find this review helpful?
Posted: 8/12/2014 from WAYNESBORO, PA UNITED STATES
I take one star because I just can't get a dry foam out of it. It does remove pollutants, just wet. Generally have to empty cup out twice a week so it doesn't overflow. Easy to set up and obviously well made. Does a nice job on my 29 gallon nano w/10 gallon sump.
6 of 6 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 7/29/2014 from FRESNO, CA UNITED STATES
skimmer is dead silent, zero micro bubbles and built well.
you can hang the skimmer on your tank but will not fit on rimmed tanks(40breeder is what I have). overall, excellent!
4 of 4 People found this review helpful, did you?