The CITR Pro In-Tank Refugium or “Safe House” is designed to deliver several features and benefits that would help any aquarium. Some of these benefits include improving filtration by growing and harvesting macroalgae, and providing better food options for the aquarium by cultivating small organisms like copepods and amphipods. The CITR Pro can also function as a protected area for newly added fish or invertebrates to acclimate in, and can help injured fish and corals regenerate damaged tissue without the need for a separate quarantine tank. The versatility, ease of use, and functionality provided by the CITR Pro will surely meet a wide variety of needs for many aquarists.
- Easy to set up in-tank refugium
- Improves filtration and reduces excess nutrients
- Enhances live food sources for the aquarium
- Provides additional protection for vulnerable livestock
- Use with or without pump (depends on existing tank circulation; DX model includes pump)
- Securely attaches to aquarium with hanging bracket
- Black background
- Adjustable height
- Pump inlet hole options are 3/8", 5/16", and 8.5 mm in diameter
- Bracket will attach to vertical walls up to 1 3/8" thick and Euro-braces up to 1/2" thick
- Small: 7 1/2" x 4 1/4" x 7 1/4"
CPR Aquatic Aquarium Supplies
In Arcata, located in Northern California, the sea is a way of life. From the advanced Marine Biology department at Humboldt State University, just up the hill from CPR’s headquarters, to Humboldt Bay, about a mile west, CPR is nestled in a perfect environment to develop equipment for marine aquariums. CPR was started in a small garage in 1987 to produce biological filters for local aquarists. People who used CPR filters were impressed by the high quality and affordable prices. Word spread and the company grew. Since then, CPR has expanded to a 10,000 sq. ft. production facility and has developed many innovative products over the years. CPR is incorporating new ideas and technologies all the time. Their goal is to allow aquarists to place the highest performing products in their tanks at reasonable prices.
CPR CITR Pro In-Tank Refugium - Small (no pump)
Good Refugium Option
Posted: 5/14/2014 from REDONDO BEACH, CA UNITED STATE
Hang on in tank refugium arrived on time and intact. Very good product thus far, appears well made. Pump is very weak however and if you are using this as a supplement to a filter I would recommend a stronger pump/powerhead.
5 of 5 People found this review helpful, did you?