High output PowerLED light with 81 interconnected diodes
High quality German Engineering
For Marine or Fresh water
- safety sealed
- low voltage
- energy saving
- uses only 7 watts
Enhance any Aquarium environment witha PowerLED lamp
- This stylish round lamp with high quality energy saving PowerLED (up to 80% energy savings) distributes light evenly, providing excellent illumiation with nice shimmering effects and generating 1,200-1,300 Lux at 6,500K. It displays superb color rendition revealing the aquarium life in all of its vividness.
- The PowerLED bright natural daylight light provides the vital energy that live aquatic plants and a variety or marine organisms need to thrive. The EHEIM powerLED covers almost the whole spectrum of sunlight to support natural plant growth.
- When comparing the EHEIM PowerLED to other commercially available neon lamps, the EHEIM PowerLED provides excellent performance in the range of 400 to 500 nm* - an especially important factor for photosnthesis. The EHEIM PowerLED offers the correct light for your aquarium plants.
Complete kit includes: mounting bracket, LED lamp, power track and power adapter with switch
- High quality LED with optimum illumination right to the bottom of the tank (approx 3,100 Lux) up to a depth of 14"
- Light color approx 6,500 Kelvin
- High energy efficiency - only 7 watts
- Long service life approx. 20,000 hours - 5 years with average usage
- Comes with adjustable mounting clamps - Fits rimless and rimmed aquariums with thickness up to 3/4"
- Power is supplied through the light track
- The PowerLED fixture is vertically and horizontally adjustable
- Internal aluminum heat sink colling keeps lamp cool to the touch and does not transfer heat to aquarium water
- 81 interconnected diodes for extremely crisp illumination
Eheim Aquarium Supplies
Eheim is one of the most well known and respected brands in the aquarium industry. Their reputation for producing high quality equipment at affordable prices goes back decades. The brand has a loyal following due in large part to Eheim’s reputation for producing reliable, efficient products. The company develops products that recreate the natural habitats of aquatic animals on a smaller scale. In our store you’ll find a variety of Eheim water pumps, filters, filter media, powerheads and feeding tools.
Eheim Power 7 Watt LED Fixture
do not buy
Posted: 10/3/2013 from NEW YORK, NY UNITED STATES
i rarely write reviews but this product transcends poor design and is simply inappropriate for any application. my credentials: i keep several aquariums including a large sps reef and a seahorse system, and i often supply a well respected lfs with coral. as for this led fixture - simply: one assembles this unit by plugging the metal struts which hold the lamp housing into a receptacle on the electrical cord. once plugged into an outlet, the struts become energized. the unit operates along the lines of track-lighting. the lamp fixture can be moved along the struts and additional fixtures can be added -but to accomplish this - the entire length of the support is electrified. i purchased this lamp to use as a refugium light and while i was installing it, i received several significant electric shocks when my damp fingers bridged the (clearly labeled) positive and negative metal lamp supports. i'm rather glad this happened because i'd have never imagined any lighting fixture specifically designed for aquarist use - especially by a (n erstwhile) respected manufacturer like eheim - would be designed this way. further inspection and consultation with marine depot revealed no product defect or error in my installation. this is simply a spectacularly bad design for an appliance meant to be used in close proximity to water. had i not been shocked during installation, i'd likely have unknowingly subjected my tank inhabitants to constant electrocution or, worse, perhaps put my home at serious risk of fire. credit to marine depot for their easy return policy, but perhaps a more thorough evaluation of products in their catalog is warranted before they offer them for sale. i discovered this baffling hazard after only a few minutes. this product has no place near an aquarium. do not buy.
5 of 7 People found this review helpful, did you?
Great Light w/ Room for Growth
Posted: 6/14/2012 from Glendora, CA
This is a sweet little LED light fixture. I have one illuminating a rimless Eheim Aquastyle freshwater planted tank I use to breed Crystal Red Shrimp (CRS). The plants are growing like weeds! The light itself is not hot to the touch. A cool thing about it is you can actually position the light vertically or horizontally, which is a pretty convenient way to shine light on where you want it most. Another thing I like about this light is that you can actually buy a second LED (sold separately, of course) and drop it right into the light track. No additional cords or anything are needed. I'm a FW and SW hobbyist, so I like the idea that I can upgrade the fixture as my needs change/evolve. All in all, I like the light, especially for the price. If you've got a small pico or nano tank, this may be just the light you're looking for.
12 of 14 People found this review helpful, did you?
nice light crap mount
Posted: 6/11/2012 from BROOKLYN, NY UNITED STATES
The light is pretty nice, its puts out a good amount of light with a nice shimmer effect. It was also a lot smaller than i expected which was cool. The only down side if the mounting mechanism. it consists of 2 plastic pieces and a plastic ring or cog....not sure if it would work better on a rimless set up but i have the light above fuge in my 40b sump and it doesn't clamp well even after i notched out the frame to accommodate the light. It just doesn't sit securely enough for my liking.
4 of 9 People found this review helpful, did you?