Professional Waterproof pH/Temp Meter
Very reliable waterproof pH meter measures with an accuracy: of +/- 0.02 pH.
- Measures pH and Temperature
- Auto-ranging three point calibration with digital fine tuning
- Includes 4 pH buffer solution in a sponge embedded in a clear cap, so you can see if it's dried up
- Waterproof housing
- Simultaneous temperature display
- Measurement Range: 0-14 pH
- Digital Calibration (push button)
- Auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator.
- Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen includes simultaneous temperature reading.
- Factory Calibrated: The PH-200 meter is three-point factory calibrated to 4, 7, and 10 pH. The meter can be recalibrated with digital calibration using the push buttons, rather than a screwdriver.
- Includes a cap, batteries, and lanyard
HM Digital, Inc.
Established in 1987, HM Digital, Inc. (formerly known as Heemang Electronics) is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) that has been recognized worldwide for providing the best values in water testing instrumentation, especially the increasingly popular TDS meter.
HM Digital Waterproof pH Meter
Very Good for the Beginner Aqu
Posted: 5/29/2014 from EL DORADO HILLS, CA UNITED STA
This meter is a very good buy for those just starting out as an aquarist. The meter really needs to be submerged well into the water, to the gasket line, and in the mid third of the tank for the most accurate reading. I have also found that I need to submerge two times in two different locations of the tank (I have a 65 gallon reef tank) for absolute assurance of consistency in the readings. Overall, I think this is a great teaching tool as one begins to learn the science and execution of monitoring devices, their purpose, and ease of use. While other meters are less expensive, I have found this device (the third one I have tried) to be the easiest to use and provides the exact data I need. If I were to criticize anything it would be the instructions. I don't believe that is necessarily attributed to just this meter, however, as I have seen poorly written instructions accompany many aquarium devices.
Did you find this review helpful?
what to watch for
Posted: 6/27/2011 from STANTON, CA UNITED STATES
Make sure the probe has liquid in cap when you open it. Also make sure the extra vial has fluid in it. Mind came dry.
5 of 5 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 7/26/2010 from Raleigh, NC UNITED STATES
Works like a charm. Easy to understand and use. Very convenient way to spot check parameters without having to carry around a probe and box like other monitors. Price was right!
2 of 3 People found this review helpful, did you?
HM PH Meter
Posted: 7/23/2010 from Colorado
I knew very little about PH Meters and thought this was going to be an easier way to check the PH in my display tank. It is not easier, but it is more accurate. It will need to be calibrated with both a 7.01 and 10.01 PH solution (at least twice a month). I recommend buying PH probe storage solution, and extra 7.01 and 10.01 calibration fluid. The temperature gauge on this unit is not accurate and you will get fluctuations of 3-5 degrees. If you are using it solely as a PH probe (not temp) and don't mind calibrating the unit often, then it is a good economical unit.
8 of 9 People found this review helpful, did you?