Apex Jr System
The Apex Jr System delivers a professional quality controller at hobbyist prices. Built-in Ethernet
Very simple menu driven configuration
- Integrated Ethernet port
- Most advanced web server available
- Interactive graphing application in the web server
- Interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application
- Compatible with all Major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari)
- Only aquarium controller with web server monitoring, control, and configuration
- Compatible with wireless bridges or game adapters (802.11x) so that wireless network communication is possible
- Email or text message alarms
- Email alarms or audible alarms when Energy Bar power fails
- RSS and XML Support
Monitor/Control - Temp
- Menus to easily setup pumps, lights, heater, chiller, co2, etc
- No programming required for configuration
- Outlets can be renamed for easier use
- Can be configured through optional LCD Display or a standard web browser
- An enhanced AquaController programming language is available for total control
- Sophisticated non standard control available
- Virtual Outlets allow even more complex control options
The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring temperature. The monitored data can be displayed on the optional LCD display, the Apex's web page, or through the AquaNotes iphone application. All monitored probes data is logged into the internal nonvolatile memory for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration.
Integrated 4 Outlet Control
The base unit includes 4 independently controllable outlets. Each of the 4 outlets is rated for a total 8 amps and the total current draw must be less than 15 Amps. All 4 outlets use relays to control the power to the outlets.
Galvanic isolation on probes
Galvanic isolation on the probes results much more reliable and accurate probe readings. While these features increase costs we feel that probe accuracy is absolutely critical for monitoring/controlling your tank, unlike many competing aquarium controllers.
State of the Art Electronics Integration
New Enhanced Control Functionality
- Only 32 bit processor on an Aquarium controller
- Over 16 times more code space & 5X faster than competitive controllers, which guarantees future expandability.
- Over 8 times data storage memory than the competition
- 1 year’s worth of data logs can be stored internally
Sunrise and Sunset Simulation
- Day of Week functionality
- Sub minute control added on EnergyBar controlled devices
- Default outlet state for all EnergyBar outlets
- Second resolution control
The Apex has a special control function which can be used to simulate the varying lengths of days throughout the year. This feature is used to make the length of daylight hours longer in the summer than in the winter. This results in a more realistic simulation of natural lighting variations.
Moon Cycle Simulation
The Apex has another special control function which can be used to simulate the moon cycle in your tank. The lunar simulator is used for this feature and is capable of varying the intensity of light emitted from its LEDs. The intensity variations are controlled by the Apex which is preprogrammed with correct intensity values for each day of the moon cycle. The Apex automatically updates the intensity value depending upon the current setting of the Apex's clock. With this artificial moon cycle, it is possible to induce corals and fish to spawn.
Each pump to be controlled can have an user configured period in which both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 second to 999 minutes. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).
Modular Expansion through AquaBus
- High reliability protocol with robust error correction
- Plug and Play – AquaBus modules are automatically recognized and configured
- Cable lengths over 200 feet
- Expandable to 5 AquaBus modules (1 Apex Display and 4 other AquaBus modules)
- Add optional probe modules to monitor additional probes
- Add additional EnergyBars to control more outlets
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
- Probe modules available for additional Temperature, pH, ORP, Conductivity/Salinity, and dissolved oxygen probes
- Module firmware updates done through AquaBus. No need to disassemble controller, and individually update modules
- Two AquaBus connectors for easy expansion, and flexible cabling options
- Plug and Plug bus allows for modular expansion.
- Firmware updates via Ethernet
- Flash memory so new features can be easily added
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
- No need to unplug/rewire devices to perform the firmware update (unlike the competition)
Neptune Systems Aquarium Supplies
Neptune Systems is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of aquarium controllers. The company was founded in 1995 for the purpose of developing affordable water quality monitoring and control instrumentation. Their engineering team has extensive expertise in computer hardware and software system design as well as a background in water quality analysis. Neptune Systems uses these finely-honed engineering skills to develop innovative monitoring and control solutions for use in reef and fresh water aquariums, aquaculture tanks, hydroponics systems and general laboratory use. Neptune Systems is best known for their AquaController line. The company is known for their innovation and customer centricity.
Neptune Systems AquaController Apex Jr w/ Temperature Probe
Need to expand
Posted: 9/15/2012 from RESEDA, CA UNITED STATES
Good product,works great can monitor my tank with my I phone,Only think is that if you plan to have more than a pump,heater,skimmer and day/moon light i would recommend spending the extra few dollars and purchasing the Apex lite system instead of the Jr.
1 of 1 People found this review helpful, did you?
Great little controller.
Posted: 8/20/2012 from North Richland Hills, TX UNITE
love this entry level controller for my NANo cube, can check on my tanks temperature from iPhone. I have two fans set up one starts at 79.7 and goes back off at 79.5 and the other starts at 79.9 and goes back off at 79.7
This has allowed me to maintain my water temp within .2 degrees since I installed it a week ago.
I have a Eb8 on the way to add more plugs.
So far it is just what I needed with lower entry cost
Did you find this review helpful?
Posted: 7/28/2012 from SEATTLE, WA UNITED STATES
Great price and simple to set up. The web interface is admittedly a bit clunky and unsophisticated, but it gets the job done.
Did you find this review helpful?
Posted: 3/3/2012 from Cary, NC
Harry clearly doesn't know how to read... You need a basic understanding of your home network. Patching the firmware can be done via a Windows machine OR a Mac with their Apex Flash utility. The firmware has been merged with the big boy Apex for even more simplicity. This is a rock solid unit, do not hesitate to purchase. Perfect for a lighting controller with a temp probe and room to grow!
2 of 4 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 2/26/2012 from UNITED STATES
Quality? Below Zero. Performance? Even lower. Why ? Simply because the buyer is not told upfront about what is needed to make this thing work. For example, the Jr. needs .NET Framework 3.5 on a Windows computer and you need a Router. Well, I have all that. Furhtermore, the manual that comes with their software is not updated, its outdated, so what you read in the manual does not jive with whats on your computer screen. Okay, I go to install their program from their DVD that comes with the Jr. and bingo, it crashed my home network. The people tell me its my fault because I dont have .Net Framework 3.5.. but I do. I bought the VDM module with the Jr. I had to send it back to Neptune since its putting out 13.8 volts when its only supposed to put out 10v max. 13.8v is enough to fry my dimmable driver in a microsecond. There are more problems associated with the Jr. and the VDM then I have room to explain. My experience with it warrents my throwing it away and suffering the 250 dollar loss... is no help in replacing the faulty electronics they're dupped into selling. " Let the buyer Beware. "
10 of 41 People found this review helpful, did you?
Great starter controller
Posted: 2/21/2012 from MINNEAPOLIS, MN UNITED STATES
The Apex Jr is the first aqua controller I've tried and so far it is as cool and convenient as I expected. I did encounter problems while trying to use various wireless bridges, but while connected via ethernet I've had no problems.
I can control my undergravel heater with the temp probe, time my T5 lights, create a wave-maker out of my power head, and sync my Co2 injection with daytime lighting. I've even got the Apex Jr port forwarded to a free domain name so I can easily manage it from just about anywhere. The iPhone app (AquaNotes) is simple to use and free.
Overall a very solid product.
5 of 5 People found this review helpful, did you?
Posted: 11/17/2011 from WACO, TX UNITED STATES
Great product if you have a very simple setup. If you have a bigger tank get the apex model otherwise you will end up buyin upgrades for the junior that cost more in the long run. However, the product itself works great.
3 of 3 People found this review helpful, did you?