Developed in conjunction with the US Distributor of NP BioPellets* , the NextReef SMR1 is the first media/substrate reactor specifically designed for long term use of larger media.
Evolved from our MR1 Media/Substrate Reactors, the NextReef SMR1 fills a specialized role while retaining the quality and ease of use you'd expect from a NextReef reactor.
Two sizes are available. The SMR1 is 16" tall overall, with a 14" reaction chamber, and the SMR1 XL is 23" overall with a 21" reaction chamber.
The NextReef SMR1 is based on our standard MR1 media/substrate reactors, but with some significant changes...
- Cast blue acrylic for the main body . Made specially for us, it's both thicker and stronger than our standard tubing. The translucent blue color also serves an important purpose - it keeps out light to reduce algae and opimize beneficial bacterial growth. They're great in lighted sumps, or anywhere light exposure is a concern.
- Modified internal plenum assembly. Our original design works great with sponges and small media - the SMR1 eliminates the sponges to reduce maintenance. Since BioPellets and Zeolithic media are designed for long term use, reducing maintainence fosters system stability .
- Higher flow rates and reduced head pressure . The SMR1 comes set up to use larger fittings than our original reactors, so it flows more water with less restriction . The NextReef SMR1 flows enough water to easily fluidize larger media.
The SMR1 features plenums laser-cut from 3/16" acrylic. They're thick, they're heavy, they're strong... and they flow great.
Every NextReef Reactor is hand-crafted in the USA from the highest quality materials, and CAD engineered / CNC cut for a precise fit.Specifications:
- Recommended Tank Size: 375 gallons Marine
- Height: 23" Overall Height / 21" Reaction Chamber (585mm / 535mm)
- Width: 6" Overall (150mm)
- Reaction Chamber: 21" x 4" (535mm x 100mm)
- Total Capacity: 230 cubic inches / 1.0 gallons / 127 fluid ounces / 3.8 litre
- Inlet / Outlet: 5/8" 90 Degree Barb Fittings - fits standard 5/8" ID tubing
Product Manuals & Documentation
NextReef Systems operates a 4,000 square foot state-of-the-art plastics manufacturing facility in Bradenton, FL. The combination of precision CNC and laser cutting capabilities with master acrylic craftsmanship allow them to bring you the highest quality products for your aquarium, large or small. All of their products are made in the USA, from domestically sourced material (whenever possible!).
Accessories for NextReef SMR1 XL Solid Media/BioPellet Reactor