Marine Depot, a fast growing online pet supply company located in Garden Grove, CA is currently looking for high-energy, motivated and meticulous people. The ideal candidates must be team players, dedicated, detail oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced and high volume working environment. Our main business is selling salt water aquarium equipment along with fish, plants, corals, etc. The environment is low key and casual, and most of the employees maintain aquariums for a hobby, so read on and come join the fun!
Software Development Manager
MarineDepot.com and PetStore.com, internet retailers specializing in the sale of aquarium and pet supplies, are recruiting for a Software Development Manager to lead and manage the development cycle for all software development projects within the organization, both those completed in-house, as well as those outsourced to international subcontractors.
The Software Development Manager will create world class development tools to better streamline the development process, as well as increase operational processes and flow.
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing and delivering quality solutions within expected timeframes, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment. The selected candidate will work with a small existing team to address all opportunities presented, while having the ability to expand the team, as organizational growth occurs.
- The key requirement for this position is an established skill in designing, developing and interfacing with various systems, to better manage the operational growth and efficiency of the organization
- Business analysis acumen, with substantial experience measuring the success of a complex business structure, while also proposing new business opportunities
- Strong track record for on-time project delivery, meeting requirements of the highest quality nature
- Operational support and passion for establishing, measuring, and improving upon the availability, performance, and quality of systems
- Strong technical credentials, with a minimum of 8 years in software development, 5 years of which encompass leading/managing software development teams, ideally with hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Development expertise in .NET, SQL, C++, VBScript, XML, HTML, Ajax, and Java; Test Driven Development and Version Control required with all projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics (i.e. Great Plains) software preferred; SAP, Oracle or other major ERP systems are acceptable alternatives
- Development experience with an eCommerce retail organization is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Interface with local and remote developers to ensure an understanding of requirements, priorities, and processes
- Create and execute on software-related tactical plans to meet required organizational objectives
- Management of departmental resources, inclusive of the staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining of a best-of-class development team
- Reporting on the status of development, quality, operations, and systems performance to management on a monthly basis
The Software Development Manager reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Customer Service Representative
Ideal candidate will act as front line contact with customers. Primary duties involve problem-solving and providing accurate information to our customers in a professional and friendly manner. Our Customer Service Representatives will be responsible for supplying information on the specifications and proper use of products offered for sale on the Marine Depot website, as well as responding to customer e-mail and phone inquiries regarding shipping, order tracking, returns, order status, and site navigation.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Saltwater reef and fish experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An outgoing, positive attitude about providing superior customer service
- Computer literacy
- Ability to share your knowledge
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Experience working in a problem-solving capacity
- Assist customers with a positive shopping experience
- Ensure the competence and development of fellow Customer Service co-workers
- Work with the Customer Satisfaction Index to benchmark and improve our service execution
- Respond to and resolve customer issues with urgency
- Ensure implementation and development of the Family Friendly Concept
- Assume responsibility for projects and tasks as they occur