EcoSystem Filter Sump Kits
|The Ecosystem Filtration Method is based on the principles of ecology and is a natural filtration system that simulates the environment found in coral reefs. It does not require a Protein Skimmer or activated carbon to purify the water. It keeps the water well oxygenated through the photosynthesis of Caulerpa and entirely eliminates the need for air pumps. Caulerpa can also be harvested and used as fresh, natural food for fish. In addition, Caulerpa prevents the growth of undesired hair algae by competing for essential nutrients.
The EcoSystem Filtration Method uses the end products of fish metabolism and fixes them into plant tissue, therefore preventing the accumulation of harmful ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, and stabilizes the pH. By maintaining a clean environment, the EcoSystem Filtration Method keeps fish healthy and their colors vibrant. Furthermore, we have discovered through our research, that our filtration system helps prevent and even cures lateral line disease.
The Ecosystem Filtration System requires minimal maintenance, and is a cost-effective way for you to keep a flourishing tank of fish and inverts. We invite you to learn more about the Ecosystem Filtration Method.
- A Breakthrough for Hobbyists
- No More Guessing
- No Protein Skimmer Required
- No More Balancing of Chemicals
- Reef and Fish Keeping Made Simple
- Discus and Tropical Fish Keeping Made Simple
- A Simple and Natural Approach to Aquarium Filtration
- Achieve Professional Results With No Prior Experience
- Prevents and Reverses Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE)
- You Can Do It
- Filter Sump
- 40lbs Miracle Mud
- 2 x 18W PowerCompact Lighting
- Bulkhead Fittings
- Place appropriate amount of Miracle Mud into Chamber # 2 of the EcoSystem Aquarium filter. (See chart Below)
To continue successful maintenance of your marine aquarium system, it is recommended that you add or exchange an appropriate amount of Miracle Mud@ (50%) every two years. To ensure that this replacement process will not disturb your aquarium inhabitants, the usage of an add-on filter is highly recommended. *For existing system - Addition of Ecosystem Filter provides benefits. Smooth transition is recommended to prevent shock to fish and corals.
- Pour water into the filter and let Miracle Mud settle to the bottom. (Approximately 2-3 hours).
- After Miracle Mud has settled, remove any floating particles.
- Turn on pump at a recommended flow rate as shown in table below.
- Allow water to completely cycle through filter (6-8 weeks for new aquariums or until ammonia levels are undetectable). Add caulerpa algae during second week of cycling.
- After cycling period, quarantined fishes and corals may be introduced into the aquarium.
Note: Flow shown above is recommended for marine, koi, and freshwater aquariums. Flow for reef aquariums may need to be higher.
- Dimensions: 36" L x 12" W x 18" H
- Tank Size: 100-135gal
- Flow Rate: 1000-1200gph
- Miracle Mud: 30lbs
- 50% Mud Exchange (Every 2 Years): 15lbs