American Marine Pinpoint Calcium Monitor Information
|American Marine is proud to introduce the PINPOINT™ Calcium Monitor. The only truly affordable and accurate digital Calcium measurement instrument. Powered by a 9-volt battery (not included). PINPOINT™ Calcium Monitor will operate for approximately 150 continuous hours before battery replacement is indicated on the display.
NOTE: The Calcium Monitor unit is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact on the printed circuit board will cause corrosion and void warranty.
- Remove the storage bottle that protects the probe tip by unscrewing the bottle from the bottle cap. Save the storage bottle for use when storing the probe. Always store the probe in 100 ppm Ca+ fluid.
- On the top of the Calcium Probe slide the black collar (Fig A) down to expose the electrolyte fill hole. (Fig B)
- The reference fluid bottle has a special filling cap that will fit into the electrolyte fill hole. While holding the probe vertically, add additional probe electrolyte fluid to a level approximately 1/2 inch below the black cap. Do not close the collar.
- The fill hole should remain open during calibration and sample measurement.
- Condition the new probe by putting the tip (bottom 1 inch of the probe) into a container of 100 ppm Ca+ fluid for an hour.
- Be careful not to damage the flat PVC membrane on the probe tip.
- Pour the 100 ppm Ca+ calibration fluid into a clean cup.
- Pour the 1,000 ppm Ca+ calibration fluid into a 2nd clean cup.
- Install a new 9-volt battery or the PINPOINT AC Adapter to the battery compartment wires on the back of the meter. (Fig C)
- Attach the BNC connector from the probe cable to the front of the meter. Lock it into place with a 1/4 turn to the right.
|Calibration and Measurement:
Set up a Monitoring Station:
- Activate meter on by pressing the ON/OFF/CAL button for 1 second.
- Now press the ON/OFF/CAL button continuously for 3-4 seconds until "CAL" appears on the display.
- The number 100 should appear on the display. If not; then press the Range button to change the calibration value to 100.
- Put the probe tip into the 100 ppm Ca+ Calibration Fluid. Wait until the number 100 begins to flash on the display on a regular basis (4-5 steady flashes is adequate). This may take a minute or two. Then press the Enter button to register the 100 ppm Ca+ calibration. The LCD should display the word "good."
- Rinse the probe tip briefly in fresh water.
- Press the Range button until 1000 is displayed.
- Put the probe tip into the 1000 ppm Ca+ Calibration Fluid. Wait until the number 1000 begins to flash on the display on a regular basis (4-5 steady flashes is adequate). This may take a minute or two. Then press the Enter button to register the 1000 ppm Ca+ calibration. The LCD should display the word "good."
- Now press the ON/OFF/CAL button to read Calcium ppm.
- Test your sample. Take a small cup of water from your system and insert the probe to take a precision measurement. Allow enough time for reading to settle down.
Set out 2 small cups (shot glasses work well) with calibration fluid in each. For maximum probe life keep the probe tip stored in 100 ppm Ca+ fluid. This will keep the tip wet and also verify the calibration. Take a sample from your system and fill a 3rd shot glass. Put the probe in the tank sample to display Ca+ levels when the reading stabilizes.
Important Points to Remember:
- The measuring range of the PINPOINT Calcium Monitor® 000.0 through 9,772.0 ppm. Measurements above this range will be indicated on the LCD as "Hi"
- PINPOINT Calcium Monitor is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact with any of the printed circuit boards will cause corrosion and void the warranty.
- Calibration will remain intact from the previous calibration if the power switch is turned off.
- Electrolyte Fill Solution for the probe is a mixture of 1M KCL (Potassium Chloride) in deionized water without any preservative and is totally safe for livestock if mixed with system water.
- The level of electrolyte fluid will slowly deplete over time. Add fluid when this level falls to the line inscribed around the probe 2 _ inches from the tip.
- Frequent calibration is recommended. Fresh calibration fluids should be used when old fluid becomes contaminated.
- If you observe an unusually high or low calcium ppm value, it is advisable to re-check the calibration.
- To store the probe fill the plastic storage bottle 1/2 full of 100 ppm Ca+ Calibraton Fluid and place the probe back into the bottle. Close the Electrolyte fill hole during storage.
- The Calcium PVC membrane tip is very delicate. Clean it only if necessary with a cotton swab.
- Replace batteries in the PINPOINT Calcium Monitor when the LCD battery icon appears.
- Is it recommended to replace the calcium probe tip every 18-24 months or when the probe can no longer be successfully calibrated.
- Display Range: 000.0 - 9,772 ppm Ca+
Resolution: 000.2 ppm
Accuracy: +/- 2 % of the reading after calibration
PINPOINT ™ Calcium Monitor by American Marine Inc. is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from date of sale.
PINPOINT ™ Calcium Probe is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 30 days from the date of sale.
Positive proof of purchase is required for warranty claim.
American Marine Inc. will not be liable for any costs of removal, installation, transportation charges, or any other charges, which may result in connection with a warranty claim.
American Marine Inc. will not be liable for any damage or wear to products or livestock caused by abnormal operating conditions, water damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized alternation or repair or if the product was not installed in accordance with the printed operating instructions.
Any defective product must be sent freight prepaid with appropriate documentation supporting the warranty claim. Replacement or repair will be at the discretion of American Marine Inc.