Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Filter Media
|Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Bio-Chem Zorb|
||The most scientifically-advanced filter media available. For sparkling clean water and healthy fish. Bio-Chem Zorb is a blend of 2 research-grade scavenger resins, 2 pharmaceutical-grade ion-exchange resins and high porosity activated carbon in a convenient filter pouch. Bio-Chem Zorb removes organic waste, toxic gases, water discoloration, foul odors and phenols in both fresh and saltwater, and toxic heavy metals in freshwater. Bio-Chem Zorb will not release phosphates. |
Purpose and Benefits:
- Bio-Chem Zorb is a water filtration media comprised of research-grade organic scavenger resins, pharmaceuticals-grade ion-exchange resins and high-porosity activated carbon in a flow-through pouch. Bio-Chem Zorb removes dissolved organic pollutants from freshwater and saltwater aquariums. Bio-Chem Zorb can be used in any filter.
- Fish, invertebrates, plants, algae and uneaten fish food release a variety of organic pollutants into the aquarium. When these pollutants accumulate in an aquarium, a stressful environment is created for all inhabitants. Poor water quality leads to lower disease resistance, inhibited growth, reduced oxygen level, discolored aquarium water and foul odors. Continuous filtration with Bio-Chem Zorb will restore water quality and create crystal clear water.
- Bio-Chem Zorb works in freshwater aquariums by ion exchange and adsorption. Dissolved organics are adsorbed by the organic scavenger resins and activated carbon. The ion-exchange resins remove toxic heavy metals such as copper and lead. Use Bio-Chem Zorb in freshwater aquariums to keep the water healthy and sparkling clear.
- In saltwater, Bio-Chem Zorb relies on the powerful adsorption properties of the organic scavenger resins and activated carbon. Bio-Chem Zorb is especially useful in removing refractory organics that cause yellow water, which results from a build-up of dissolved organics. These organic pollutants reduce the transmittance of blue light necessary for many marine invertebrates.
|Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Phos-Zorb|
||Phos-Zorb is a special filtration material that selectively removes phosphate and silicate, common nutrients found in fresh and saltwater aquariums. In saltwater aquariums, excess phosphate lowers the available calcium and magnesium necessary for the growth of hard corals and other invertebrates.
- Removes phosphate and silicate
- Removes phosphate, a by-product of fish metabolism and decaying organic matter and an additive in some tap water supplies, aquarium products and filtration media
- Will not remove trace elements
- Will not affect pH
- Treats up to 55 Gallons
|Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Nitra-Zorb|
||A convenient pouch of natural and synthetic ion-exchange resins that selectively remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate from freshwater aquariums. Completely phosphate-free. Treats up to 55 Gallons.|
Purpose and Benefits:
- Nitra-Zorb is a water filtration medium comprised of natural and synthetic ion-exchange resins in a flow-through pouch. Nitra-Zorb selectively removes ammonia, nitrite and nitrate from freshwater aquariums. This product helps establish new aquariums by controlling the levels of ammonia and nitrite and preventing fish loss. Nitra-Zorb is also very useful in established aquariums whenever ammonia and nitrite is detected. Many advanced hobbyists are concerned about nitrate in the aquarium. Nitra-Zorb will help keep nitrate under control. Nitra-Zorb is easily recharged in a solution of warm table salt. Nitra-Zorb can be used in any filter.
- When setting up a new aquarium use Nitra-Zorb continuously as directed. Whenever ammonia or nitrite is indicated by testing, Nitra-Zorb is exhausted and must be recharged. Follow the recharging instructions and continue to use Nitra-Zorb while the biological filter becomes established.
- Nitra-Zorb is ideal for delicate species of fish and plants that thrive in soft water aquariums. This product will not alter pH, hardness, or alkalinity levels, and will not remove trace elements such as iron. Use Nitra-Zorb to maintain high water quality and fish vigor in any freshwater aquarium.
- The level of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate removed depends on the size of the Nitra-Zorb pouch, size of the aquarium, flow rate of the aquarium filter, and how much ammonia, nitrite and nitrate is being produced in the aquarium daily. A 3.7 oz (105 g) pouch of Nitra-Zorb in a 20 U.S. gallon (75.6 L) aquarium will remove 5.0 ppm ammonia, 1.0 ppm nitrite, and 20 ppm nitrate in 24-48 hours. If the aquarium is overstocked or fed heavily, the build-up of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate may occur as fast it can be removed by Nitra-Zorb. Nitrate levels may be so high that they are well above the maximum level on nitrate test kits. It may be necessary to continually recharge and reuse the Nitra-Zorb pouch until the nitrate level drops within the test kit range.
|Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Ammo-Carb|
||A special blend of highly activated carbon - an economical filter carbon for the tropical fish hobbyist. Removes colors, odors & poisonous waste from fresh and saltwater aquariums. Can be used in all filter cartridges.|
Usage: 1/2 cup for each 10 gallons of aquarium or pond water.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Super Activated Carbon|
||Research grade carbon. Keeps water clean and crystal clear. The patented activation process used in its production yields a high purity, premium grade carbon with optimal pore structure and a large surface area for maximal adsorption. Its unique design provides fast, continuous and thorough removal of odors, colors, organic pollutants, toxic compounds and medications. The result is a cleaner, healthier aquarium environment. Steam activated without phosphate. Ideal for freshwater, marine and reef aquariums containing sensitive fish, plants and invertebrates.|
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Activated Carbon|
||Creates crystal clear water by removing discoloring substances as well as organic waste and contaminates. Works in any type of filter or media bag.|