|A unique, new patent that gives constant, controlled release of pure and activated oxygen that keeps aquaria and garden ponds oxygen rich, clean and clear.|
1. Activated oxygen filters to every corner of your aquarium including those "dead pockets" which the current can't reach. It even penetrates the gravel bottom, making it an ideal biological filter.
2. Activated oxygen encourages aerobic micro-organisms which convert fish excreta and rotting food into harmless end products. They put an end to stale, foul odours from the pool bottom.
3. Activated oxygen itself rids water of noxious organic products like carbohydrates and nitrite by converting them into simple, safe substances like water, carbon dioxide and nitrate.
4. Activated oxygen improves redox-potential, killing the unwanted algae and bacteria which cloud water. Your tank or pond stays clean, clear and healthier.
5. Activated oxygen is converted to ordinary oxygen by the Oxydator's specially developed ceramic surface. The reliable, self-adjusting system maintains exactly the right balance of activated and pure oxygen which your pond or tank requires.
6. No need for a CO2 diffuser in most cases - the unique process of the Oxydator does not expel CO2 from your tank but actually helps it to form from organic matter.
7. No need for tubes or cables - the Oxydator is the first safe, self-contained unit to offer a constant year-round oxygen supply for outdoor ponds. It continues to work even under thick winter ice.
How does the Oxydator work?
It makes clever use of Hydrogen peroxide's (H2O2) chemistry. This molecule consists of an oxygen atom loosely attached to a water molecule, like a ball in a gutter. One "shake", (or impulse of energy), will set it rolling and this gives it special energetic properties. The "shake" is caused by a catalyst in the peroxide reservoir. Two peroxide molecules are needed to produce the water and pure oxygen.
The chemical equation is:
2 H2O2 è ( catalyst ) è 2 H2O2 + O2
The Oxydator causes this reaction in two separate stages:
Stage 1 - A small catalyst rod breaks down some of the peroxide inside a plexiglass container (see diagram), producing the exact amount of oxygen needed. A diving bell acts as a valve, while an air cushion at the bottom of the container prevents water from penetrating the unit.
Stage 2 - The specially developed ceramic of the Oxydator releases the pure oxygen your fish need. Only our unique ceramic can do this - ordinary ceramic has no effect at all. This two-stage process constantly regulates the activated oxygen, releasing the right amount for your tank and ensuring the concentration is never too high for your fish.
What makes the Oxydator unique?
The benefits of adding hydrogen peroxide to water have long been known. It keeps fish in good condition, prevents acute oxygen starvation, stops fungus from growing and halts the build-up of decaying matter which makes the water murky. But regulating the peroxide concentration has always been a problem until now! The Oxydator is a unique new design with a constant, controlled release, giving the exact amount needed at any time. It radically improves the water quality, giving all the benefits mentioned above. The key is a specially developed ceramic which breaks peroxide down completely into water and oxygen. But the Oxydator does not only provide a supply of fresh oxygen. Unlike ordinary aerators, it will not expel CO2, an important plant nutrient, from the tank. It also releases activated oxygen which detoxifies poisons, rendering them completely harmless. With an Oxydator you can keep many more fish in your tank and you do not have to change the water so often. The oxygen supply adjusts to the temperature of a populated pond or tank. An 8 °C increase doubles the amount produced. Approximately 20,000 liter of water will be 100% oxygen-saturated (156 g of oxygen) by 1 liter of 30% peroxide solution at 25 °C. The table below shows the quantities and consumption rates at 25 °C. A simple adjustment gives the figures at other temperatures. An average number of fish and plants is assumed for each volume. As a highly populated tank needs more oxygen, the next highest combination may be more appropriate. The Oxydator also provides economical, purifying activated oxygen for plant-free, highly populated aquaria where aerators satisfy the large oxygen demands.
||H2O2 / day
||O2 / day|