Continuum Aquatics Fraction Chloramine & Ammonia Remover - 500 ml
Description: Chlorine, Chloramine, and Ammonia Remover
• Instantly removes chloramine, chlorine & ammonia, medicinal dyes
• Instantly makes tap water safe for marine & freshwater aquariums
• Safe for sensitive invertebrates, fish and plants
Fraction is a technologically advanced, premium quality, maximum strength water conditioner that makes tap water immediately safe for freshwater or marine aquarium use. It is also the premium product for use directly in a freshwater or marine aquarium to remove toxic ammonia, nitrites or nitrates. It will immediately remove over dosages of iodine or potassium permanganate based products in the aquarium as well as over dosages of medicinal dyes. It is safe for all marine or freshwater species including sensitive fish, live corals and other invertebrates and live plants. Fraction contains no slime coat enhancers as these could pollute the aquarium.
Use in Aquarium Keeping:
Proper control of toxic ammonia is imperative for the health of your aquarium inhabitants. Fraction is not meant to be used continuously to control ammonia in the aquarium, or to make up for poor maintenance, but as an emergency measure to get the ammonia under control until a properly working biological filter can be established. In cases where overcrowding has occurred, Fraction will control ammonia levels until the bacterial filter can catch up. To help restore a non-functioning bacterial filter, use Continuum BacterGen•M or BacterGen•F depending on type of aquarium.
Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US gallons (200 L) of tap water to remove up to 1 ppm of ammonia, 4 ppm of choramines, or 6 ppm of chlorine.
To treat tap water for new aquariums or water changes:
1) Test the ammonia level with an ammonia salicylate test kit. Add Fraction as noted above, one capful per 50 US gallons per 1 ppm ammonia tested, stir and wait for ten minutes.
2) Adjust temperature, add salt (for marine systems) following the manufacturer’s recommendations, test for proper pH and any other parameters required for the type of animals you are keeping.
3) When all parameters are within limits, add water to the aquarium.
To treat live aquarium water:
1) First measure the ammonia level in the aquarium with an ammonia salicylate test kit (do not use a test kit based on Nessler’s reagent because it will give a false positive reading).
2) Add 1 capful Fraction per 50 US gallons per 1 ppm ammonia level tested. Keep pumps running and wait 10 to 15 minutes to make sure all ammonia has reacted with the Fraction.
3) Re-test Ammonia level and repeat if necessary
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. Contains hydrosulfite salts, if ingested drink water, seek medical attention immediately. If in eyes flush with water, if irritation continues, seek medical attention.
The vision for Continuum Aquatics is to continue the quest of Jack Kent, long time hobbyist and aquarium products pioneer, for the most innovative and high quality aquarium products combined with excellence in customer service. Continuum products are innovative and cutting edge. Continuum manufactures nutritional supplements, vitamins and filtration media, as well as aquarium tools designed for use by the novice aquarist, and the most advanced hobbyist or maintenance company. Through Continuum, Jack has put his over 20 years of expertise in design and manufacturing of aquarium products for aquarium hobbyists and public aquariums into high quality new products that are available to and affordable by hobbyists.