Salifert Phosphate Test Kit Information
Erroneous results might be obtained when the carbonate hardness is higher that 20dKH. This corresponds to an alkalinity of 7meq/l. Normally the carbonate hardness is well below the above mentioned values.
- If phosphate is present in too high a concentration there may be an increase in growth of undesirable algae and if the phosphate level is higher than 0.04 mg/L the growth rate of corals and calcareous algae may decrease by as much as 90%.
- Washing fish food (a rich source of phosphates) after thawing can significantly reduce the input of phosphate, and using a high grade, phosphate free activated carbon can also help to keep phosphate levels as low as possible.
- The Salifert Phosphate test kit detects, in less than 5 seconds, the level of phosphate present.
- There are two different ranges within the kit: a low range for phosphate-phosphor from 0.01 - 1 mg/L and a medium range for phosphate-phosphor from 0.02 - 2 mg/L.
- Sufficient for 60 tests.
- Can be used for marine, fresh and garden pond water
Irritating: PO4-1 contains < 3.5 M HCL.
R36/37/38: Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
1. Add with the syringe 10ml of water in the test vial.
2. Add to this 4 drops of PO4-1 reagent and swirl the test vial gently for 10 seconds.
3. Add to this 1 level scoop of PO4-2 reagent and swirl the contents gently for 30 seconds.
4. Place the open test vial on top of the color shart on a part of the chart which is white and compare the colors looking from the top. Read the corresponding phosphate content. An intermediate color corresponds to an intermediate phosphate content.
The phosphate values are in ppm Phosphate. If you prefer a reading in ppm Phosphate-Phosphor then divide the reading by 3 or use the table given below.
Should you require an even higher sensitivity then double the water sample and the reagents. The scale should then be divided by 2.
|0.25 (coral growth retarded)