- Biopigment-rich, powdered blend of marine phytoplankton, zooplankton, and proprietary complex particles providing marine protein and elements utilized in aragonite formation, specifically formulated to improve coloration of suspension-feeding invertebrates.
- Size range of particles falls is suitable for: soft corals (including colonial and solitary polyps); bivalves (Tridacnid and Hippopus clams, scallops, etc.); sponges; tunicates; crinoids; and sedentary, suspension-feeding polychaetes (e.g. feather dusters and Christmas tree worms).
- Simple to use. Enables aquarists to custom-blend planktonic suspensions to suit the nutritional requirements of their reef system(s).
- More economical than liquid planktonic suspensions.
- May be refrigerated for prolonged stability.
- Made in the USA of US-sourced, high-quality ingredients.
50g, 100g, 400g, 800g, 3.2kg, and 16kg
Provides a desiccated, diverse blend of nutrient-dense marine plankton in an overall size range suitable to capture by octocorals ("soft corals"), bivalves, sponges, tunicates, crinoids, and polychaete worms. ReefBlizzard planktonic blends may be re-hydrated in a cup of aquarium water for a few minutes prior to addition to the aquarium (this process helps the plankton break surface tension when they enter the aquarium, minimizing loss of plankton to overflows and the water line around the interior of the aquarium and/or external filter), or the plankton can be soaked in nutrient formulations to further enhance the positive impact delivered to the target aquarium inhabitants.
Instructions and Guidelines
Store tightly-sealed. Do not discard desiccant packet in container until contents are completely used. Do not contaminate container with foreign material. In an area of high water flow, add one level spoonful (using enclosed spoon) of ReefBlizzard per 20 US-gallons (76 L) in system per day. ReefBlizzard may be fortified with nutritional supplements by mixing the desired amount in a clean container with 1 - 2 ounces of aquarium water and adding supplements such as CoralAmino, AminOmega, Vitamarin-M, etc. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes, then target-feed organisms in aquarium (recommended), or turn protein skimmer off and simply add contents of container to the intake port of a circulation pump or powerhead and allow to circulate throughout system; resume protein skimming after 30 minutes. Adjust dosage as feeding requirements of organisms in system dictate. Do not overfeed. Monitor nutrient concentrations in system and take steps to control nutrients if necessary.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.