Instructions and Guidelines
- Regenerates up to 1,500 ml total of Brightwell Aquatics PhosphatR regenerable phosphate-adsorption resin.
- Regenerates: 175 ml size 8 times; 250 ml size 6 times; 500 ml size 3 times
Regeneration must be performed in a vessel outside of the aquarium; failure to follow this guideline will result in changes to aquarium water chemistry that can be extremely harmful, if not fatal, to aquarium inhabitants. The solution that is made by following the instructions below has a relatively high pH and should be handled carefully. It is strongly recommended that protective eyewear and rubber gloves be worn as a precautionary measure.
For each 250 ml of resin to be regenerated: In a clean 1-gallon bucket or pail, thoroughly mix 200 g (~¾ cup) RegeneratPHOR with ½ gallon hot tapwater. Regeneration efficiency is directly related to reaction time between the resultant solution and the PhosphatR resin. The ideal set-up for regeneration is to place resin inside a mesh bag (if not already in one) and place the bag inside the mouth of a large funnel; funnel size must be large enough to contain entire bag and contents. Alternately, an empty ½ gallon LDPE plastic milk jug can be used by cutting off the bottom, placing a small hole in the cap, screwing the cap on tightly, turning the jug upside down, and placing the bag of resin inside the large opening. Next, slowly pour the RegeneratPHOR solution through the resin; the size of the hole through which the solution drains will help regulate the time of reaction with the resin (smaller is better). The solution should be discarded once it has been passed through the resin. Then, repeat the basic steps, substituting twice the volume of purified water for the RegeneratPHOR solution used, discarding the water once this step is completed. The PhosphatR resin must be thoroughly rinsed with purified water before resuming use in an aquarium. Once the PhosphatR resin has been rinsed, it is once again ready for use in an aquarium system as instructed on the PhosphatR label.
- PhosphatR phosphate-adsorption capability will decrease with each use; once the resin has been regenerated five times, it is essentially exhausted and should be replaced.
- Do not replace PhosphatR resin inside aquarium system following regeneration until it has been rinsed according to instuctions above; failure to do so may impact the pH of the aquarium and cause severe stress to inhabitants.
- Regeneration potential is not increased by recirculating the same solution through the resin for an extended period of time; it is, however, increased if doubling the volume of solution used (e.g., employing 1 gallon of solution rather than ½ gallon for every 250 ml of resin to be regenerated; in this case, simply prepare 1 gallon of solution according to the instructions above). Caution: Contains carbonate salts; harmful if swallowed. If swallowed: give water, get medical attention. May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Inorganic salts of carbonate and chloride
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $199 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- EcoTech Marine, NYOS, and Aqua Illumination
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards