Description: Chlorine, Chloramine, and Ammonia Remover
• Instantly removes chloramine, chlorine & ammonia, medicinal dyes
• Instantly makes tap water safe for marine & freshwater aquariums
• Safe for sensitive invertebrates, fish and plants
Fraction is a technologically advanced, premium quality, maximum strength water conditioner that makes tap water immediately safe for freshwater or marine aquarium use. It is also the premium product for use directly in a freshwater or marine aquarium to remove toxic ammonia, nitrites or nitrates. It will immediately remove over dosages of iodine or potassium permanganate based products in the aquarium as well as over dosages of medicinal dyes. It is safe for all marine or freshwater species including sensitive fish, live corals and other invertebrates and live plants. Fraction contains no slime coat enhancers as these could pollute the aquarium.
Use in Aquarium Keeping:
Proper control of toxic ammonia is imperative for the health of your aquarium inhabitants. Fraction is not meant to be used continuously to control ammonia in the aquarium, or to make up for poor maintenance, but as an emergency measure to get the ammonia under control until a properly working biological filter can be established. In cases where overcrowding has occurred, Fraction will control ammonia levels until the bacterial filter can catch up. To help restore a non-functioning bacterial filter, use Continuum BacterGen•M or BacterGen•F depending on type of aquarium.
Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US gallons (200 L) of tap water to remove up to 1 ppm of ammonia, 4 ppm of choramines, or 6 ppm of chlorine.
To treat tap water for new aquariums or water changes:
1) Test the ammonia level with an ammonia salicylate test kit. Add Fraction as noted above, one capful per 50 US gallons per 1 ppm ammonia tested, stir and wait for ten minutes.
2) Adjust temperature, add salt (for marine systems) following the manufacturer’s recommendations, test for proper pH and any other parameters required for the type of animals you are keeping.
3) When all parameters are within limits, add water to the aquarium.
To treat live aquarium water:
1) First measure the ammonia level in the aquarium with an ammonia salicylate test kit (do not use a test kit based on Nessler’s reagent because it will give a false positive reading).
2) Add 1 capful Fraction per 50 US gallons per 1 ppm ammonia level tested. Keep pumps running and wait 10 to 15 minutes to make sure all ammonia has reacted with the Fraction.
3) Re-test Ammonia level and repeat if necessary
Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. Contains hydrosulfite salts, if ingested drink water, seek medical attention immediately. If in eyes flush with water, if irritation continues, seek medical attention.
The vision for Continuum Aquatics is to continue the quest of Jack Kent, long time hobbyist and aquarium products pioneer, for the most innovative and high quality aquarium products combined with excellence in customer service. Continuum products are innovative and cutting edge. Continuum manufactures nutritional supplements, vitamins and filtration media, as well as aquarium tools designed for use by the novice aquarist, and the most advanced hobbyist or maintenance company. Through Continuum, Jack has put his over 20 years of expertise in design and manufacturing of aquarium products for aquarium hobbyists and public aquariums into high quality new products that are available to and affordable by hobbyists.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $299 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- Aqua Illumination, EcoTech Marine, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, and Reef Glass
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards