ROWAphos is the professional method of removing Phosphate and Silicate in all types of Aquariums and Ponds. It has the largest absorption ability of any phosphate product and will not leach back in to the water.
ROWAphos is the most effective phosphate remover on the market today. It is widely used in Europe and is now finding success in the United States. ROWAphos was developed in Germany to reduce Phosphates in the Main Water Supply. It is being used in lakes and ponds and has been refined for the Aquarium Market. ROWAphos will not only remove phosphates but will never release them back into the system.
It has the largest absorption ability of any phosphate product in the market today. This saves the need for immediate removal once the media is full. The product is easy to use and will improve the water quality wherever Phosphate or Silicate is a problem. It is of interest to Marine and Reef Aquariums where its unrivalled capabilities have shown it to be extremely beneficial in the control of nuisance algae’s and the growth of hard corals. Unlike other phosphate removal products, it does not shock the animals or cause problems when used regularly. In fact constant use of the product is recommended, as its abilities to control nuisance algae is a major benefit.
Removes 12G of phosphate per kg of media:
- Extremely high binding capacity
- Needs very little room in the filter system
- No influence on pH
- Does not release toxic substances back into the aquarium when exhausted
- 100ml of RowaPhos will lower the phosphate level by 1ppm in a 50 gallon salt water tank (or a 170 gallon freshwater tank).
- Filter media bag not included and is available separately.
100mL - Removes 1ppm phosphate from 630 gallons of freshwater and 315 gallons of salt water
250mL - Removes 1ppm phosphate from 1580 gallons of freshwater and 790 gallons of salt water
500mL - Removes 1ppm phosphate from 3160 gallons of freshwater and 1580 gallons of salt water
*Works great in a canister filter or with TwoLittleFishie`s Phosban Reactor or Kent Marine`s Phos Reactor.
Tips for Use:
To obtain the best results from RowaPhos and to keep your tank at zero phosphate levels it is important when starting up a new tank or a tank with phosphate levels in that has matured, to use RowaPhos on a permanent basis.
RowaPhos will absorb phosphate, silicates and arsenic. It is entirely safe in both fresh and saltwater systems. It does not release, when exhausted, any chemicals back into the water. ie phosphate, silicates or arsenic.
It is currently being used on a saltwater fish tank and has been for the last four years with five times the recommended requirement and it is only changed when phosphate levels coming out of the canister, where it is placed, begin to rise after approximately six to seven months.
How to use:
- DO NOT RINSE ROWAphos BEFORE USE
- It must be kept damp at all times. It is not effective if it dries out.
- Unused ROWAphos should be kept sealed in it`s original container until required
- Place between two layers of wool in the filter canister
- Do not sprinkle into the aquarium
- Do not place in the filter without using the filter sock or surrounding it with wool
- Change the ROWAphos when a rise in phosphate levels is indicated
- When placed in the canister it is possible to measure zero phosphate leaving the canister, the flow should be turned down until that is achieved
- For a short time the aquarium water may turn slightly brown in color, because of flushing out some fine material. This is not harmful to fish or other organisms, and will disappear after a short period of time.
Unfortunately, most phosphate test kits available are not capable of reading low levels of phosphate. It is necessary in a saltwater fish tank to always keep your levels below 0.015ppm
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $299 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- Aqua Illumination, EcoTech Marine, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, and Reef Glass
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards