Kent Marine Essential Elements replaces biologically important trace minerals which are removed by marine fish and invertebrates, and removed through protein skimming, ozone, and especially carbon filtration. Designed for fish only and reef systems. Essential Elements is unmatched in its ability to increase vigor and color! Does not contain detrimental heavy metals, phosphates, nitrates, or silicates. Does not promote undesirable algae growth.
Add 1 teaspoon (1 capful or 5 ml) per 50 gallons every 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the amount of water changes done. Also add immediately after carbon use. Do not dose with Kalkwasser, add directly to tank or sump.
Considerations for use:
1) First use an excellent grade of synthetic marine salt (of course Kent Sea Salt is the finest available, but there are some other excellent salts on the market). Some salts are made from evaporated seawater and contain dead plankton and other heavy organics that will foul the water from the beginning. Cheap salt is no bargain! For optimum results, use water prepared by reverse osmosis (particularly in mini-reefs), however dechlorinated tap water will work. The amount of Essential Elements needed depends on the amount of water changed regularly. If you do frequent water changes, then add Essential Elements every 2 weeks. If you do not, then add weekly.
2) Use Kent Marine Aquarium pH BUFFER or Superbuffer-dKH to maintain alkalinity at about 10 dKH (do not allow it to go below 8 and don’t exceed 12). This will provide proper pH stability, and still not cause heavy precipitation of important minerals, such as calcium and strontium.
3) For mini-reefs, the amount of calcium, strontium and iodine are not sufficient to supply their heavy use by living corals and other invertebrates. Use Kent Kalkwasser Mix, Concentrated Liquid Calcium, or Turbo-Calcium to supply needed calcium. Use Strontium and Molybdenum or Turbo-Strontium to provide heavy amounts of strontium. Kent Coral-Vite will supply rubidium, lithium, barium and other important minerals as well as essential vitamins to the reef. Coral-Vite and Essential Elements are designed to work together in a reef environment.
4) Use reverse osmosis water for topping off for evaporation.
5) Use this product regularly to maintain trace mineral levels which will be used by fish and algae and removed by carbon, resin, and pad filtration.
Inorganic mineral salts of aluminum, boron, bromine, calcium, chromium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, lithium, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, potassium, selenium, sulfur, strontium, tin, vanadium, and zinc in a base containing deionized water and EDTA.
Not for human consumption. For Aquarium/Ornamental fish use only! Not for fish used for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children!
Product Manuals & Documentation
Kent Marine Aquarium Supplies
Kent Marine was established by aquatic hobbyists who saw a need for products that aid the user in creating the most natural enclosed marine and freshwater environment possible. From vitamin and mineral supplements to nutritional products and filter media, Kent Marine set the benchmark and was one of the first in the aquatic industry to provide these unique solutions. For the past 15 years, Kent Marine has been committed to providing effective ways to keep beautiful, healthy aquariums. Through continuous research, testing and development, new products like salt mix, scrapers and reverse osmosis filtration were brought into the Kent Marine family.
Most orders under $20 ship for only $1.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in 1-7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 1-7 business days. Just spend $20 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $1.99—or spend $250 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
AquaIllumination, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Kessil, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Somatic, and Vertex Aquaristik
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards