The Majano Wand takes a easy approach to removing Majano Anemones from your reef aquarium. It`s so fun and easy you will want Majano Anemones, just so you can destroy them!
The purpose of the Majano Wand is to eliminate Majano Anemones in hobbyist aquariums, as these Anemones are pests. Majano Anemones are pests because they harm fish and coral. Such “pest” Anemones that are inadvertently added to aquariums can multiply very quickly in closed aquarium system.
The Majano Wand does not kill by electrocution, there is never any electricity going into the water. The Majano Wand operates on the principal that when electricity is properly emitted into salt water it produces two gases. One of these gases is hydrogen, which is generated at the stainless steel tip. Hydrogen is the lightest element on earth, which converts into a gas when created, and the gas form of hydrogen is larger than the liquid size of salt water. When the probe of the Majano Wand touches the Majano tissue, it causes the water in the cells of the Majano to turn into hydrogen. These animals are mostly water so the Majano is forced to expand from the inside out at a rapid and drastic scale, which literally disintegrates any living Majano tissue instantly.
The Majano Wand operates on low voltage and will not shock you if your hand, or any part of your body, is in the water. However, care must be taken to ensure safety as the tip of the Majano Wand is sharp.
The entire Majano Wand (including the grey wire) can be submerged in water, but do not get the push button or power adapter wet.
We are proud to write that the Majano Wand was Invented, designed, tested and Manufactured in the USA!
**Please Note: If the user does not fully kill the aiptasia by eliminating all the tissue on the first attempt, the remaining bits will regrow into another aiptasia.
- 1. Uncoil the wires and plug in the power supply. Carefully, remove the plastic cap on the tip of the Majano Wand.
- 2.Push the button, as you stick the needle in/out and on/over a Majano. Do Not Hold The Button Down when not touching a Majano.
- 3. Keep sticking the needle in/out and sliding it across the Majano, as it will only kill the parts of the Majano that touch the needle. After five or six insertions, the anemone should be all white and gooey looking.
- 4. If you see any tentacles or tissue still alive, just touch them/it with the needle while pushing the button. It is sometimes easier to slide the side of the probe along the Majano rather than stick it.
- 5. If you do not kill the entire animal it is possible for it to regrow in a short amount of time. White “goo” should float to the top when the Majano is dead, remove this goo. Repeat steps 2 and 3 when needed.
- 6. Don’t keep the button pushed continuously (we are not talking about a minute or two here, we are talking about a larger scale) as the device does emit some gases into the water. (see chart below) After an hour, you can use it again.
- 7. When finished, Run/Soak the tip in fresh water for a minute and dry completely.
- 8. Replace the cap and store in original box for safety.
Keep the device away from children and be very careful that you don’t stick anyone.
Remember, the rod is acrylic and very fragile, it can break, don’t bend it.
Always keep the push button and power adapter out of water.
The probe is dulled but still sharp, be careful.
Only use according to the directions.
Manufacturer`s Warranty: 6 months from date of purchase.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $199 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- EcoTech Marine, NYOS, and Aqua Illumination
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards