Apex Jr System
The Apex Jr System delivers a professional quality controller at hobbyist prices. Built-in Ethernet
Very simple menu driven configuration
- Integrated Ethernet port
- Most advanced web server available
- Interactive graphing application in the web server
- Interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application
- Compatible with all Major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari)
- Only aquarium controller with web server monitoring, control, and configuration
- Compatible with wireless bridges or game adapters (802.11x) so that wireless network communication is possible
- Email or text message alarms
- Email alarms or audible alarms when Energy Bar power fails
- RSS and XML Support
Monitor/Control - Temp
- Menus to easily setup pumps, lights, heater, chiller, co2, etc
- No programming required for configuration
- Outlets can be renamed for easier use
- Can be configured through LCD Display or a standard web browser
- An enhanced AquaController programming language is available for total control
- Sophisticated non standard control available
- Virtual Outlets allow even more complex control options
The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring temperature. The monitored data can be displayed on the LCD display, the Apex`s web page, or through the AquaNotes iphone application. All monitored probes data is logged into the internal nonvolatile memory for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration.
Integrated 4 Outlet Control
The base unit includes 4 independently controllable outlets. Each of the 4 outlets is rated for a total 8 amps and the total current draw must be less than 15 Amps. All 4 outlets use relays to control the power to the outlets.
Galvanic isolation on probes
Galvanic isolation on the probes results much more reliable and accurate probe readings. While these features increase costs we feel that probe accuracy is absolutely critical for monitoring/controlling your tank, unlike many competing aquarium controllers.
State of the Art Electronics Integration
New Enhanced Control Functionality
- Only 32 bit processor on an Aquarium controller
- Over 16 times more code space & 5X faster than competitive controllers, which guarantees future expandability.
- Over 8 times data storage memory than the competition
- 1 year’s worth of data logs can be stored internally
Sunrise and Sunset Simulation
- Day of Week functionality
- Sub minute control added on EnergyBar controlled devices
- Default outlet state for all EnergyBar outlets
- Second resolution control
The Apex has a special control function which can be used to simulate the varying lengths of days throughout the year. This feature is used to make the length of daylight hours longer in the summer than in the winter. This results in a more realistic simulation of natural lighting variations.
Moon Cycle Simulation
The Apex has another special control function which can be used to simulate the moon cycle in your tank. The lunar simulator is used for this feature and is capable of varying the intensity of light emitted from its LEDs. The intensity variations are controlled by the Apex which is preprogrammed with correct intensity values for each day of the moon cycle. The Apex automatically updates the intensity value depending upon the current setting of the Apex`s clock. With this artificial moon cycle, it is possible to induce corals and fish to spawn.
Each pump to be controlled can have an user configured period in which both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 second to 999 minutes. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).
Modular Expansion through AquaBus
- High reliability protocol with robust error correction
- Plug and Play – AquaBus modules are automatically recognized and configured
- Cable lengths over 200 feet
- Expandable to 7 AquaBus modules (1 Apex Display and 7 other AquaBus modules)
- Add optional probe modules to monitor additional probes
- Add additional EnergyBars to control more outlets
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
- Probe modules available for additional Temperature, pH, ORP, Conductivity/Salinity, and dissolved oxygen probes
- Module firmware updates done through AquaBus. No need to disassemble controller, and individually update modules
- Two AquaBus connectors for easy expansion, and flexible cabling options
- Plug and Plug bus allows for modular expansion.
- Firmware updates via Ethernet
- Flash memory so new features can be easily added
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
- No need to unplug/rewire devices to perform the firmware update (unlike the competition)
- Sleek and Stylish case
- 7 mechanical buttons for speedy and flexible user interface
- 128 x 64 Graphical Backlight display
- Displays datalog graphs
- 4 Highly customizable status displays
- Placement of probe names and icons can be selected by user
- Can scroll manually scroll between different status screens or automatically scroll through them
- User adjustable contrast and backlight settings
- Backlight can be dimmed at night.
- User selectable tones/songs for different warning/error types
- Compact size 3.40" x 4.05" x 0.65"
- Mounting holes for easy attachment to wall/stand
When you connect Apex Ready
certified products to your Apex System, many new options will unfold. How about having your LED lights dim or change color temperature at the touch of your iPad? How about programming your Tunze or VorTech pumps for some serious wave action? That’s what you get when you pair up the Apex System and an Apex Ready certified product.
Product Manuals & Documentation
Neptune Systems Aquarium Supplies
Neptune Systems is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of aquarium controllers. The company was founded in 1995 for the purpose of developing affordable water quality monitoring and control instrumentation. Their engineering team has extensive expertise in computer hardware and software system design as well as a background in water quality analysis. Neptune Systems uses these finely-honed engineering skills to develop innovative monitoring and control solutions for use in reef and fresh water aquariums, aquaculture tanks, hydroponics systems and general laboratory use. Neptune Systems is best known for their AquaController line. The company is known for their innovation and customer centricity.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $199 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- EcoTech Marine, NYOS, and Aqua Illumination
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards