NextReef NXS1 skimmers feature a fully-sealed, recirculating design, perfect for internal or external use. That means they work as well in your sump as they do sitting next to it. It also means that they`re not picky about water level like many in-sump only models - like an infomercial oven, you can set it and forget it.
Big on performance. Skimmer performance comes down to three things: air, bubble quality and dwell time. NextReef NXS1 skimmers are big on all three, and it`s made possible by the recirculating design. Needlewheel pumps are great for aeraton, but do poorly when also tasked with feeding and maintaining the water level in an in-sump skimmer - the Sicce pump on the NXS1 is used exclusively for air introduction / recirculation, exactly what it does best. Every watt of power goes towards producing air, not wasted lifting water.
NextReef quality goes into every NXS1 skimmer. We have a reputation for overbuilding things, and these are no exception. Each NXS1 skimmer is hand-assembled in the USA, from heavy-gage components, precision machined on our in-house CNC equipment. They`re sturdy, they`re engineered well, and designed to withstand use by demanding hobbiests and commercial facilites alike.
- Heavy Duty Contruction 1/2" thick flat stock and 1/4" wall acrylic tube. That`s double what most competitors use. They`re heavy, and built for serious use - nothing light or flimsy here...
- UniSeal fittings on the pump, inlet and outlet. We chose UniSeals because they`re durable - they flex instead of breaking, and provide a stronger interface than acrylic bonded to PVC. They`re watertight, and user-replaceable (Want to modify or reconfigure your NXS1? Go for it!). UniSeals also help isolate vibration and noise from pumps.
- Sicce PSK Recirculation Pumps. Sicce pumps are quiet, reliable, and low in power consumption. NXS1 skimmers are built around factory-tuned Sicce PSK pumps and NextReef`s custom venturi.
- Twist-off Cup Assembly. Machined from solid acrylic, all NXS1 skimmers feature an easy to use twist-lock neck. Collection cup maintenece is as easy as a quarter turn.
- Machined Trasition. Most skimmers use a thermoformed "transition" - the section where the body reduces down to the size of the neck. Because thermoformed transitions are the weakest point on a skimmer, the NextReef NXS1 series features transitions machined from 1" of solid cast acrylic. They look flat from the outside, but inside the transition is milled in a smooth, compound curve to efficiently concentrate the bubbles and waste into the neck.
- Integrated Silencer. Maximum air with minimum noise. They`re built heavy, too, and they`re easy to remove for cleaning.
- Recommended Tank Size: Up to 225 gallons (850L)
- Height: 24" Overall Height (610mm)
- Footprint: Approx 13" x 13" with Pump and Fittings (330mm x 330mm))
- Reaction Chamber: 6" x 16" (155mm x 410mm)
- Power Consumption: 15w
- Air Intake: 800lph (max)
- Inlet / Outlet: 1/2" FNPT fitting (replaceable) / 1.25" slip PVC
- Suggested Water Flow (User supplied pump or gravity fed): 100-200gph (350-700 l/hr)
NextReef Systems operates a 4,000 square foot state-of-the-art plastics manufacturing facility in Bradenton, FL. The combination of precision CNC and laser cutting capabilities with master acrylic craftsmanship allow them to bring you the highest quality products for your aquarium, large or small. All of their products are made in the USA, from domestically sourced material (whenever possible!).
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $199 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- Aqua Illumination, EcoTech Marine, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, and Reef Glass
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards