Salifert Silicate Profi-Test
Erroneous results might be obtained when the carbonate hardness is higher that 20dKH. This corresponds to an alkalinity of 7meq/l. Normally the carbonate hardness is well below the above mentioned values.
- Silicate occurs in tap water or purified water when the reverse osmosis or de ionizing unit is not functioning properly.
- Silicate can result in diatom bloom and can block some essential trace elements such as vanadium and molybdenum.
- The Salifert Test kit for silicate is a very fast, sensitive and accurate test, with two scales: an ultra low scale which is particularly useful for marine water and a high scale which is suitable for freshwater environments.
- Sufficient for 60 tests.
- Can be used for marine, fresh and garden pond water
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of contact with the skin, wash with plenty of water. In case of contact with eyes, was heyes with plenty of water and consult a physician immediately.
Si-1 and Si-2 are acidic and Si-3 contains a reducing agent. Not for consumption.
Note: If the low resolution mode was used then multiply the values on the color chart by 10.
- Add with syringe 10ml of water in the test vial (low resolution mode 1ml)
- Add to this 4 drops of Si-1 (low resolution 2 drops) reagent and swirl the test vial gently for 10 seconds. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add to this 4 drops of Si-2 (low resolution 2 drops) reagent and swirl the contents gently for 30 seconds.
- Add to this 1 level scoop of Si-3 reagent and swirl the test vial for 20 seconds.
- Place the open test vial on top of the color chart on a part of the chart which is white and compare the colors looking from above. Read the corresponding dissolved silicon content. An intermediate color corresponds to an intermediate dissolved silicon content.
The silicate values are in ppm (mg/l) siliconoxide. To convert the values from ppm siliconoxide to ppm silicon multiply the value by 2.1.
Avoid using tap water or RO water which contains more than 2ppm as dissolved silicon. In marine water the dissolved silicon content should be below the detection limit of this test.
Salifert is a Holland base company that produces top of the line test kits as well as tank additives and foods for marine and reef aquariums.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $299 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- Aqua Illumination, EcoTech Marine, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, and Reef Glass
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards