Reverse osmosis, also known as hyper-filtration, is the finest filtration known. This process will allow the removal of particles as small as ions from a solution. Reverse osmosis is used to purify water and remove salts and other impurities in order to improve the color, taste or properties of the fluid. It can be used to purify fluids such as ethanol and glycol, which will pass through the reverse osmosis membrane, while rejecting other ions and contaminants from passing. Reverse osmosis uses a membrane that is semi-permeable, allowing the fluid that is being purified to pass through it, while rejecting the contaminants that remain. Reverse osmosis is capable of rejecting bacteria, salts, sugars, proteins, particles, dyes, and other constituents that have a molecular weight of greater than 150-250 daltons. The separation of ions with reverse osmosis is aided by charged particles. This means that dissolved ions that carry a charge, such as salts, are more likely to be rejected by the membrane than those that are not charged, such as organics. The larger the charge and the larger the particle, the more likely it will be "rejected."
Rejection is the term used to describe what a reverse osmosis filter removes from the source water. Pinnacle+ reverse osmosis filters allow for an overall rejection of 99% of all impurities of source water.
- The Pinnacle+ series offers 100gpd (400L) and 200gpd (800L) units
- Unlike competitors, Pinnacle+ uses one 100 gallon membrane instead of two 50 gallon membranes (100 gal/day unit only). This reduces cost at replacement time.
- Includes automatic shut-off valve for easy addition of top off or drinking water systems (standard on Pinnacle RO units; competitors offer this at additional cost)
- External flow restrictor for easy accessory add-ons
- Contains one carbon prefilter to ensure long membrane life
- One 1 micron sediment filter
- One Deionization cartridge
- Standard Seachem membrane removes 99% of all impurities including silicates
- Highest quality components available
- High impact poly quickfit fittings (John Guest)
- Pressure gauge (standard on Pinnacle RO units)
- Modular design for easy accessory add-ons
- Plastic mounting bracket prevents unsightly rusting
- Limited one year warranty
Product Manuals & Documentation
Seachem Laboratories, Inc. was established in 1980 by Dr. Leo G. Morin. Seachem moved into a state of the art 110,000 square foot facility in Madison, Georgia marking their 25th anniversary in the industry in 2005. This facility includes production and research laboratories, manufacturing, inventory, shipping, and office space.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Over 90% of our members receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $4.99—or spend $199 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expediated shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Most Products
Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Marine Depot, AquaMaxx, Accel Aquatics, and Korallin
Earn 6 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 6% cash back
- Aqua Illumination, EcoTech Marine, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, and Reef Glass
Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards