A convenient pouch of natural and synthetic ion-exchange resins that selectively remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate from freshwater aquariums. Completely phosphate-free. Treats up to 55 Gallons.
Purpose and Benefits:
Directions for Use: Rinse the pouch thoroughly in tap water before use. After 24-48 hours recharge the pouch and repeat the process. Place the pouch in the aquarium filter so water passes through the pouch. Over time the resins will become coated with dissolved organic matter. When product performance declines replace with a new pouch.
- Nitra-Zorb is a water filtration medium comprised of natural and synthetic ion-exchange resins in a flow-through pouch. Nitra-Zorb selectively removes ammonia, nitrite and nitrate from freshwater aquariums. This product helps establish new aquariums by controlling the levels of ammonia and nitrite and preventing fish loss. Nitra-Zorb is also very useful in established aquariums whenever ammonia and nitrite is detected. Many advanced hobbyists are concerned about nitrate in the aquarium. Nitra-Zorb will help keep nitrate under control. Nitra-Zorb is easily recharged in a solution of warm table salt. Nitra-Zorb can be used in any filter.
- When setting up a new aquarium use Nitra-Zorb continuously as directed. Whenever ammonia or nitrite is indicated by testing, Nitra-Zorb is exhausted and must be recharged. Follow the recharging instructions and continue to use Nitra-Zorb while the biological filter becomes established.
- Nitra-Zorb is ideal for delicate species of fish and plants that thrive in soft water aquariums. This product will not alter pH, hardness, or alkalinity levels, and will not remove trace elements such as iron. Use Nitra-Zorb to maintain high water quality and fish vigor in any freshwater aquarium.
- The level of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate removed depends on the size of the Nitra-Zorb pouch, size of the aquarium, flow rate of the aquarium filter, and how much ammonia, nitrite and nitrate is being produced in the aquarium daily. A 3.7 oz (105 g) pouch of Nitra-Zorb in a 20 U.S. gallon (75.6 L) aquarium will remove 5.0 ppm ammonia, 1.0 ppm nitrite, and 20 ppm nitrate in 24-48 hours. If the aquarium is overstocked or fed heavily, the build-up of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate may occur as fast it can be removed by Nitra-Zorb. Nitrate levels may be so high that they are well above the maximum level on nitrate test kits. It may be necessary to continually recharge and reuse the Nitra-Zorb pouch until the nitrate level drops within the test kit range.
Recharging Instructions: Dissolve 4 tablespoons (80 g) of non-iodized salt in 8 fl oz (240 ml) of warm water. Do not use boiling water. Soak the pouch in the saltwater solution for two hours and rinse in tap water. The pouch is now ready to re-use.
Compatibility: Nitra-Zorb can be used in freshwater aquariums containing aquarium salt and in Rift lake cichlid aquariums. Nitra-Zorb will not work in saltwater aquariums. The high level of salt prevents the ion-exchange process from working properly. Do not use Nitra-Zorb while medicating the aquarium.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Aquarium Supplies
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals (API) has been helping people take good care of ornamental fish for over 40 years. Their research and development scientists have advanced the care of fish with all-natural medications, stable bacteria for biological filtration, one-bottle test kits, consumer-friendly dosing caps and much more. They’ve received over 25 global patents for their breakthrough innovations in the aquatics industry. And they continue to look for ways to improve the fishkeeping experience for hobbyists. Research. Experience. Dedication to scientific, quality treatment for healthy fish. It’s what makes API the first choice of aquarium owners. API manufactures and sells hundreds of products across many different product categories, including aquarium and pond treatments, aquarium equipment, aquariums and fish nutrition.
Most orders under $29 ship for only $2.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in 1-7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in 1-7 business days. Just spend $29 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 2 business using UPS Ground. Upgrade from free economy shipping to UPS Ground for only $2.99—or spend $250 and we’ll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
We are unable to accept returns of Digital Aquatics, Neptune Systems, Vertex Aquaristik, Aqua Illumination (AI), EcoTech Marine, GHL, or Seneye products once the manufacturer's packaging seals have been broken.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
Abyzz, American Marine, AquaIllumination, AutoAqua, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Giesemann, GHL, Hanna Instruments, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Iwaki, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Mur-lok, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Somatic, Tunze, Vertex Aquaristik, and Waterbox Aquariums
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards