API Stress Zyme 1 Gallon
API Stress Zyme is a biological filter additive containing live bacteria that improves the development of the biological filter and helps clean a dirty aquarium. The build-up of organic pollution in the aquarium inhibits the growth of nitrifying bacteria. The bacteria in Stress-Zyme keep conditions in the aquarium right for the development of the biological filter by consuming harmful organic pollutants. This speeds the development of the biological filter in newly set up aquariums. A build-up of organic compounds also promotes the growth of disease-causing organisms in the aquarium. Stress Zyme keeps the biological filter working properly by keeping the aquarium gravel and filter clean. Water quality and living conditions are improved when Stress Zyme is used on a regular basis.
Each teaspoonful of Stress Zyme contains 300 million bacteria. These bacteria are in a dormant state and become active when added to the aquarium. Stress Zyme has a five year shelf life and does not require refrigeration. Stress Zyme is effective in freshwater and marine aquariums.
- Contains over 300 million live bacteria per teaspoonful
- Breaks down organic compounds that cause dangerous conditions such as ammonia and nitrite poisoning and low oxygen levels
- Helps to reduce sludge, keep your aquarium clean, and improve the natural aquarium cycle
- Acts as a biological filter to ensure healthier fish and good water quality
- For use in both freshwater and saltwater systems
- No refrigeration necessary
- Shake well before using
- For regular maintenance: Add 1 tsp. per 10 gallons of water weekly
- For new aquariums: On the 1st, 7th, and 14th days add 2 teaspoonfuls (10 ml) for every 10 US gallons (40 L) of aquarium water. Thereafter, each week add 1 teaspoonful (5 ml) for every 10 gallons (40 L) of aquarium water
Compatibility:Stress Zyme can be used with freshwater tropical fish, marine fish, invertebrates and coldwater species including koi and goldfish. Stress Zyme will not harm aquatic plants. Keep from freezing. Do not store above 120°F (49°C). Stress Zyme is completely harmless to humans and pets.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Aquarium Supplies
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals (API) has been helping people take good care of ornamental fish for over 40 years. Their research and development scientists have advanced the care of fish with all-natural medications, stable bacteria for biological filtration, one-bottle test kits, consumer-friendly dosing caps and much more. They’ve received over 25 global patents for their breakthrough innovations in the aquatics industry. And they continue to look for ways to improve the fishkeeping experience for hobbyists. Research. Experience. Dedication to scientific, quality treatment for healthy fish. It’s what makes API the first choice of aquarium owners. API manufactures and sells hundreds of products across many different product categories, including aquarium and pond treatments, aquarium equipment, aquariums and fish nutrition.