As coral grow, their intake of calcium does too, making it necessary to provide them with a steady supply. Aquaforest Calcium is a supplement for maintaining constant calcium levels and pH adjustment in reef aquariums.
In sea water, the constant value of calcium is essential for the proper development of corals and coralline algae. The recommended level of calcium in reef aquaria is 380-460 mg/l (ppm).
Dosage and Use:
- Dissolve 50 g of Calcium in 1000 ml RODI water
- Dosage should be determined by water test results and corals daily consumption
- Before applying Calcium solution into the water, it is recommended to run a water test to check current water parameters
- 100 ml of Calcium solution raises the calcium level in 100 l of water by 17.5 mg/l (ppm)
- The product is also suitable for casual use in order to raise calcium level once
- 10 g of Calcium in 100 l of water raises the calcium level by about 35 mg/l (ppm)
Further tips and recommendations:
- We do not recommend raising calcium levels by more than 20 ppm per day
- In order to maintain ionic balance, KH Buffer and Reef Mineral Salt should also be used
- Calcium and Magnesium can be combined together into one solution
- An agent for maintaining constant calcium levels and pH adjustment in reef aquariums
- In sea water, the constant value of calcium is essential for the proper development of corals and coralline algae
- The recommended level of calcium in reef aquaria is 380-460 mg/l (ppm)
Note: Contains calcium chloride – CaCl2 (CAS: 10043-52-4). Causes serious eye irritation. Keep out of reach of children. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. Wear eye protection. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention. Dispose of contents/container to appropriately labeled waste containers in accordance with national regulations.
Aquaforest got its start in 1995 manufacturing substrates and aquatic plant fertilizers for zoos, aquariums, and professional plant farms. They soon expanded into farming their own aquatic plants, fish & corals, and invested heavily into research for developing their own sea salt, foods, and supplements to maintain those farms. Aquaforest’s products became available for retail in 2011 after many years of honing and perfecting their craft. The entire range – including test kits, supplements, salts, foods, and more-- has gained significant attention from marine aquarists worldwide.