Chemical composition of Component 1+2+3+ is based on the Balling Method developed by H. Balling.This method is a popular method that provides your aquarium with major elements like calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium, with other trace elements.
The Component 1+2+3+ formula has been fine tuned in Aquaforest`s lab and enriched with trace elements that are fundamental for maintaining marine aquarium organisms in good form. As a result Aquaforest has composed 3 fluids that are intended to be dosed in equal amounts, on a regular basis.
Component 1+2+3+ is designed to fulfill coral demands not only in terms of Magnesium and Calcium, but also in terms of other elements which require careful and systematic dosing, but are notoriously difficult to assess.
Component 1+ contains: Ca, Sr, Ba, Co, Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, Ni, Cr.
- Dosage = 25ml dissolved in 100 l/27 US gal raises Ca by 4.5 mg
Component 2+ contains: NaHCO3, F, I
- Dosage = 25ml dissolved in 100 l/27 US gal raises KH by 0.65 dKH (Alk: 0.23 meg/l)
Component 3+ contains: Mg, Reef Mineral Salt, K and B
- Dosage = 25ml dissolved in 100 l/27 US gal raises Mg by 0.38 mg/l
Tips and recommendations:
- Dosing should be adjusted according to the consumption of macro-nutrients, and based on critical water parameters like Calcium, Magnesium and KH.
- If one or two parameters are still not balanced - Aquaforest recommends to continue with administering equal doses of each component, and take advantage of one of their additives (Calcium, Magnesium, KH Buffer) to restore desired level(s).
- In order to maintain adequate amount of trace elements in aquarium water, both Magnesium and Calcium levels need to be within recommended range (Ca 400-440 mg/L, Mg 1280-1350 mg/L)
- Typical aquarium with average number of hard corals requires approximately approximately 25ml of each component per 100 l (27 US gal) of water daily.
Aquaforest got its start in 1995 manufacturing substrates and aquatic plant fertilizers for zoos, aquariums, and professional plant farms. They soon expanded into farming their own aquatic plants, fish & corals, and invested heavily into research for developing their own sea salt, foods, and supplements to maintain those farms. Aquaforest’s products became available for retail in 2011 after many years of honing and perfecting their craft. The entire range – including test kits, supplements, salts, foods, and more-- has gained significant attention from marine aquarists worldwide.
July 15, 2020
Yes, I would recommend this.
Love this stuff
I’ve been using it for 3 yrs and absolutely love it
Was this review helpful? 1 0
December 27, 2019
Yes, I would recommend this.
Made my Corals Explode!!
Pros: Easy to dose.
Cons: Some precipitation of iron in Component 1, but not harmful.
I have been using this product for 5 years now and LOVE it! It's easy to dose, (equal parts of all 3) and contains all the necessary elements your corals need. I dose 130ml of each every day and my Ca is 460, Alk is 9.4 and Mag is 1400 rock solid. I have a mixed LPS SPS tank and have 2 clams, one of which is a baby and has grown very rapidly in the last 2 months, adding 3 scutes onto it's shell.
I highly recommend this product to everyone with a reef tank.
Was this review helpful? 15 0