AquaMaxx Eco-Rock by Marco Rocks is a 100% natural, eco-friendly live rock alternative that is perfect for all marine fish and reef aquarium systems.
This new base rock from AquaMaxx is professionally cleaned and dried to ensure no pesky hitchhikers, pests or algae are introduced into your saltwater aquarium. AquaMaxx dry rock is not man-made; it is real calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite we quarry in Florida, far away from living coral reefs. It is completely reef-safe and will not leach any undesirable contaminants into your delicate saltwater system.
AquaMaxx Eco-Rock does not affect the aquarium nitrogen cycle and may therefore be added to new aquariums and established tanks alike. AquaMaxx Dry Rock for saltwater aquariums is super porous with plenty of surface area to grow beneficial nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria to act as a biological filter to help maintain pristine water conditions in your tank.
Reef aquarium hobbyists get more bang for their buck with high porous, low density AquaMaxx aquarium rocks. You not only get more volume per pound, but fewer pounds are required to fill your aquarium compared to denser, heavier base rock for sale. AquaMaxx Dry Reef Rock is a tremendous value, especially compared to live rock, since you do not have to pay for extra water weight and expedited shipping.
AquaMaxx environmentally friendly Eco-Rock is harvested on land in Florida and only the best pieces are selected to sell for aquarium use. We handpick a variety of shapes and sizes to make aquascaping your reef tank fun and easy. AquaMaxx rock is full of nooks and crannies that offer great anchoring points for stacking rocks or placing coral frags. Aquarium epoxy molds easily to AquaMaxx aquarium dry rock allowing you to create elaborate pillars, sturdy shelves, interesting overhangs and cool caves.
Using AquaMaxx Eco-Rock guarantees unwanted hitchhikers will not enter your tank, which is commonplace with live rock. Having no detrimental and difficult-to-remove aiptasia and majano anemones, fire worms, flatworms, mantis shrimp and pyramidellid snails in your aquarium is a huge advantage that will save you time, money and stress during the life of your tank.
AquaMaxx Eco-Rock is available in 3 box sizes: 10 lbs, 25 lbs. and 50 lbs. We recommend 1 to 2 lbs. of rock per gallon of aquarium water. 1 pound per gallon for a open-water landscape with more space for your fish to swim. 2 pounds per gallon for a denser landscape so you can create more caves/crevices and more area to place your corals. Please note the photos displayed on our website are merely representative of the rock you will receive so the actual size, shape and appearance will vary with each order.
To seed your aquarium with beneficial bacteria, just place a separate piece of quality live rock in your tank along with AquaMaxx Dry Reef Rock or use a bacterial supplement to kickstart the cycling process. Soon your dry rock will be alive and beautiful!
- 100% natural calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite dry rock
- Safe for all marine fish and reef aquarium systems
- Guaranteed not to introduce undesirable hitchhikers, like algae and aiptasia
- Will not leach undesirable contaminants or affect the aquarium nitrogen cycle
- Harvested on land in a Florida rock quarry so no damage comes to natural coral reefs
- Less expensive and more environmentally friendly than live rock
- You get more volume per pound than live rock so less is required to aquascape your aquarium
- Natural pores aid in biological filtration, water circulation and provide hiding places for fish and invertebrate
- Easily stackable to create one-of-a-kind aquascapes that feature pillars, shelves, overhangs and caves
- The nooks and crannies in each rock make it easy to mount your favorite coral frags
- Available in 3 box sizes: 10 lbs, 25 lbs, and 45 lbs.
- Rock is weighed before shipment, containing 25 lbs or more. However, depending on rock size, density, original moisture content, etc. the total weight after delivery may be less in some cases.
- Each box will contain a variety of rocks of different sizes and shapes.
- We are unable to take any special requests for rocks of a particular dimension or size.
- Due to the fragile nature of this rock, it is possible for the rock to break during shipment. We do our best to package the rock sufficiently to minimize damages. As UPS does not consider this item insurable, we are unable to replace or refund damaged pieces. It is possible to attach multiple pieces together using aquarium epoxy in order to make large shelves or repair damaged rock.
AquaMaxx is a Southern California-based aquarium supply company that entered the market in mid-2008 with a line of affordable metal halide bulbs. The brand quickly gained recognition as word spread about the high quality and low cost of their lamps. In 2009, AquaMaxx released a line of aquarium filter socks and, in early 2010, unveiled an assortment of high-performance protein skimmer accessories and upgrades.