Everything you love about our Prism light, but in a Contemporary and Compact design, dubbing it the Prism CC. At .39" thick, it is almost as thin as a mobile phone, packing a full spectrum of 58 LEDs into its aluminum housing.
This light is perfect for fish-only nano aquariums or shallow reefs.
- The Prism CC is slightly thinner than the standard Prism, measuring a mere 0.39" thick! The CC has a new aluminum unibody design that is passively cooled so no loud cooling fans are required. The Prism CC packs 58 LEDs into its compact frame, running with 30 watts of power.
- The iMOS Smart Controller is a two button interface with a digital display that shows the current time, light intensity, storm mode, and ambient air temperature. There is no need to buy an additional controller to use all the features this fixture has to offer!
- With 6 set points— dawn, sunrise, midday, sunset, dusk, and night—of customizable light intensity, you’ll be able to gradually ramp intensity up or down between points to simulate the look of a natural sunrise, sunset, and even moon light.
- Lightning mode has also been enhanced. You can now control when storms occur in a 24 hour period, how many storms will occur during that time and how frequently the storms appear.
- The Easy-Snap Mount Bracket assembles in just a click and a twist. With a single tank mount, the light can be positioned just about anywhere on the tank rim while not taking up much space.
- The Prism CC has been intelligently designed for efficiency and simplicity. CNC computer-programmed technology is used to precisely carve each piece from a single, solid block of aluminum with an accuracy of 0.1mm. This sleek and slim-profile fixture is complete with a fitted 3D arc glass, combining form and function into a modern piece that is both high performing and aesthetically pleasing.
iMOS 3.0 Smart Controller
- With the new iMOS 3.0, the Smart Controller settings range from Clock, Auto Mode, Manual Mode, Lightning, and Demo Mode with 3 channels. The controller’s Auto Mode can be programmed with 6 timer points (dawn, sunrise, midday, sunset, dusk, and night), with smooth gradient transitions between each point to simulate natural light cycles.
- The Prism CC employs Genius Bracket technology— easy installation with just one click! The bracket is easily affixed to the rim of your aquarium tank (up to 0.75" thick). After clicking the arm into the lamp head, the body can then be adjusted vertically or horizontally to quickly fit your tank needs.
- A beautifully crafted, slim, 0.39" (10mm) profile
- Full HD Spectrum
- Quiet, fanless design
- Genius Bracket, that quickly mounts and adjusts on your tank
- The iMOS 3.0 controller
- Six programmable light cycle set points:
- Dawn, Sunrise, Midday, Sunset, Dusk, and Night
- The 2 meter (78") controller cable
- Global Standards Certification, UL, CE, RoHS etc. Safe and environmental protection
- Fixture dimensions = 9.85"L x 3.15"W x .39"H
- Adjustable Height x Extension = 9"Height x 4.3" Extend to 11"
- Fits rims up to .75"
- Coverage (at 9" height) = 12" x 10"
- Weight = .55 lbs
- Power = 30 watts / AC100-240V, 2.0A
- 58 x 0.5 watt LEDs total:
- 14 x Cool White (12000~16000K) White
- 28 x Royal Blue (450~455nm) Blue
- 2 x Blue (470~475nm) Special
- 4 x Deep Red (660~665nm) Special
- 4 x Green (510~520nm) Special
- 2 x Warm White (3000~3500K) Special
- 2 x Violet (410~415nm) Special
- 2 x UV (380~395nm) Special
- 1 x Prism CC LED Light Fixture
- 1 x genius bracket
- 1 x controller
- 1 x power adapter
- 1 x connection cable
AquaMaxx is a Southern California-based aquarium supply company that entered the market in mid-2008 with a line of affordable metal halide bulbs. The brand quickly gained recognition as word spread about the high quality and low cost of their lamps. In 2009, AquaMaxx released a line of aquarium filter socks and, in early 2010, unveiled an assortment of high-performance protein skimmer accessories and upgrades.
May 15, 2019
Yes, I would recommend this.
So I got the light installed yesterday, so here are my first impressions. I’m using it on a 12” 7.5 gallon Deep Blue rimless cube.
1) Looks wise, this thing is sexy. Super slim and sleek.
2) Overall great design, but wish you could adjust and move the light horizontally over the tank without moving it vertically higher above the tank.
3) The attachment feels very secure, no risk of it falling in the tank, but the light does “wobble” on its attachment point if touched the slightest.
4) The controller is pretty awesome, once again super sleek and user friendly. I love how you can control the whites, blues, and “special colors” (reds, greens, etc.). They are all independently adjustable for night, dawn, sunrise, midday, sunset, and dusk. Will take some tweaking over the next few days. My only complaint is that you have to scroll through the whole setting category if you miss what you wanted to do ie there is no “back” button.
Overall happy with the light, love the color adjustability and that there is a controller. This is just a temporary tank for my frogfish while it’s small (plumbed to my 60 gallon cube and sump). I wanted a light that wouldn’t break the bank, was fully controllable and had a timer built in, I really didn't want to buy a separate controller. I have a kessil on my main 60 gallon cube, and considered buying their Tuna Blue for this small tank, but didn’t want to have to buy a controller.
Was this review helpful? 0 2