The Aquatic Life DX18 Hybrid Fixture allows you to dim T5HO lighting via third-party controller and pair it with your favorite LED light fixture over your aquarium, giving you more control to cater to your corals and plants lighting needs.
Throughout many years of the aquatic hobby of growing corals or plants, seasoned hobbyists have realized that a combination of different light types works best over their aquarium. Metal halide lights were once dominant in this field, however, through technology LED fixtures are now the lighting buzz, providing the same high intensity, without the operating cost. Also, like halide lights, LED’s are a point-source light, creating a shimmering effect in the aquarium. Combining LED light with T5HO fluorescent light provides the benefits of efficient intensity and diffused lighting – meaning no more shadows often seen with only LED lights.
Plug your aquarium controller into the 3.5mm female jack to take advantage of the DX18 dimming functions down to 2% dimness. The dual-channel jack allows a single line to control both channels of lighting: Channel 1 - for lamps 1 & 4, Channel 2 - for lamps 2 & 3.
The patent pending Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture provides a means for you to combine your preferred LED fixture with controlled T5HO fluorescent lighting.
- Pair popular LED fixtures with dimmable T5HO lighting like: AquaIllumination Hydra 26 & Hydra 52, EcoTech Radion XR15w & XR30w, Kessil A360X, A360WE, AP700, and more
- 0-10 Volt input allows popular controllers, like APEX TM, to adjust the T5HO light intensity
- The fixture comes assembled. Simply attach the included suspension cables and LED mounting brackets. LED brackets can be positioned where needed and locked into place
- Optional mounting brackets available for securing your LED fixture
- Silicone socket end caps protect ends of lamps from moisture and allow lamps to operate at optimal temperature
- Single power cord for easy setup. Conceal the LED cords in the built-in cord routers at each end of the fixture
- Reflector design keeps T5HO light inside aquarium
- Built-in HEP brand dimmable ballasts drive popular T5HO lamps, including ATI and Giesemann
- Available in 24", 36" and 48" lengths
|Dimensions||25.6" x 18 x 1.88"||37.4" x 18 x 1.88"||49.2" x 18 x 1.88"|
|Weight||11 lbs||13.5 lbs||16.5 lbs|
|Lamps x Wattage||4 x 24W||4 x 39W||4 x 54W|
|Controller Input||3.5mm Female Jack||3.5mm Female Jack||3.5mm Female Jack|
|LED Mounting Brackets Included||1 pair||2 pair||3 pair|
|Suspension Hardware||1 pair||1 pair||1 pair|
|HEP Ballast Dimming Level||2% - 100%||2% - 100%||2% - 100%|
|Power ratings||100-277 VAC / 50-60 Hz||100-277 VAC / 50-60 Hz||100-277 VAC / 50-60 Hz|
|DC Input Rating||0-10 VDC||0-10 VDC||0-10 VDC|
|DC Input Connector Included||3.5 mm Female Dual Channel Plug||3.5 mm Female Dual Channel Plug||3.5 mm Female Dual Channel Plug|
|AC Power Cord Length||.45 M / 18"||.45 M / 18"||.45 M / 18"|
|Wall Plug Cord Length||2.5 m / 7.9`||2.5 m / 7.9`||2.5 m / 7.9`|
|DC Input Cord Length||.9 m / 36"||.9 m / 36"||.9 m / 36"|
Please note the following:
- A third-party controller is needed to adjust the levels of the DX18 fixture.
- T5HO bulbs and LED light fixtures sold separately.
- The ballast will not turn the lamps completely off, making it necessary to turn the power supply to the fixture when no light is needed.
AquaticLife Aquarium Supplies
AquaticLife is a Southern California based company that innovates, markets & manufactures premium branded aquarium equipment. AquaticLife products and information are designed to bring the experience of marine life into the home. The company manufactures a variety of aquarium products for both freshwater and saltwater applications. Water quality monitors and testing supplies, water filtration and submersible pumps are just a sampling of what this up-and-coming company offers. AquaticLife is best known for their stylish, powerful and extremely user-friendly light fixtures. They are also recognized for their outstanding customer support and helpful educational materials.
April 17, 2020
Yes, I would recommend this.
Best of Both Worlds (LED and T5
Pros: Looks really nice and combines the light spread of T-5 with the coloration/contrast of LEDs
Cons: Dimmable feature is okay, but I bought it more for the looks of the fixture since I don't have a canopy.
Was looking for a light fixture that Looked Good and Performed well paired with XR30 LEDs. Of the Hybrid options, this fixture definitely looks the nicest and has a leg up in that it only has one power cord (important for me since I run a peninsula tank) and has a dimmable feature (less important to me but might be for some).
Was this review helpful? 0 0