Safety Stop is a simple and effective way to help protect your Saltwater and Freshwater aquarium fish from serious unwanted disease outbreaks caused by external parasites, and bacterial and fungal infections. New fish are often the source of infectious diseases that can wipeout an entire aquarium. Be proactive and give your fish a Safety Stop bath to significantly lower the risk of introducing deadly diseases. Protect your investment!!!
Safety Stop also significantly increases oxygen in a new fishes blood stream minimizing stress and helping to keep the immune system strong!
While there is no substitute for extended quarantine of new fish in a separate hospital tank, often it is not practical. We recommend using Safety Stop before introducing the new fish into your main aquarium or into the quarantine tank. For multiple tank owners, it should be used anytime a fish is transferred from one tank to another including all quarantine tanks.
How to use product:
- Take fish from fish store directly home without delay. Acclimate fish to the same temperature and pH of the aquarium before performing the Safety Stop bath.
- While fish is acclimating prepare the two baths: into clean, non-metallic containers (i.e., a plastic or glass bucket), add one gallon of water directly from the aquarium into each bucket. With scissors, cut the edge of the product packages and pour PART A into the first container and PART B into the second container Monitor for temperature changes.
- Gently agitate both solutions with an air stone. Leave the air stones in the container to oxygenate the water when fish is in the bath.
- Remove the fish to be treated from acclimation water and deposit in bath PART A for 45 min (30 min if fish has been shipped overnight within the last 72 hours). Keep a loose cover on bath to make sure fish doesn’t jump out. Carefully watch the fish for signs of stress during the entire treatment process. Signs of stress include heavy breathing, erratic swimming, rolling, etc. If fish shows signs of stress reduce time and put immediately into PART B bath.
- After Part A, transfer fish to Part B bath for 45 min. Continuing to watch for signs of stress. If signs of stress occur, remove before treatment is over, and transfer to quarantine tank or prepared aquarium. Do not put bath water into aquarium. After treatment B is over net fish into aquarium.
- Observe fish after introduction to tank to make sure tank mates are not disturbing fish. It is good idea to feed the tank simultaneously while introducing the new fish to keep the resident fish occupied. Keep light levels low for 24 hours after introduction. Bath should be discarded after several hours but can be used on multiple fish within a few hours or at the same time.
- This dip protocol is intended for ornamental fish only.
- Do not use on invertebrates
- Do not use on scale-less freshwater fishes.
- Do not use on invertebrates i.e. Corals, urchins, sea stars, snails, crabs
- Do not exceed 45 minutes in each bath
- Do not use on fish that show obvious signs of sickness.
- Solution may stain.
- Do not pour dip water into tank
- Keep out of reach of children
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing.
- Do not injest or breathe vapors.
Made in the USA!
Blue Life USA Aquarium Supplies
Blue Life USA is committed to providing the highest quality aquarium products available. Their staff has a combined 100 years of experience as hobbyists, retailers, industry professionals, chemists and veterinarians. Blue Life USA’s vision is to enhance the enjoyment of aquarium hobbyists by offering the next generation of products that will help create and maintain thriving, vibrant and crystal clear aquariums. With an unyielding dedication to integrity and responsibility, Blue Life USA raises the bar for this generation and future generations of aquarium product manufacturers.
Most orders under $29 ship for only $2.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in up to 7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in up to 7 business days. Just spend $29 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 1-2 business days. Upgrade from free economy shipping to faster shipping for only $2.99—or spend $250 and we'll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
We are unable to accept returns of Digital Aquatics, Neptune Systems, Vertex Aquaristik, Aqua Illumination (AI), EcoTech Marine, GHL, or Seneye products once the manufacturer's packaging seals have been broken.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
Abyzz, American Marine, AquaIllumination, AutoAqua, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Giesemann, GHL, Hanna Instruments, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Iwaki, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Mur-lok, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Somatic, Tunze, Vertex Aquaristik, and Waterbox Aquariums
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards