Brightwell Aquatics Koral Recover All-Natural Coral Remedy is anll-natural coral remedy for the treatment of live corals and the regrowth of damaged coral tissue
Over the past several decades, there has been a tremendous increase in reports of coral disease affecting wild reefs. These same coral diseases can also have a negative impact on the home reef aquarium systems and the corals that are kept. Coral diseases can rapidly lead to significant losses of coral specimens in the reef aquarium. These diseases can affect a wide range of corals including Small polyp stony corals (SPS), Large polyp stony corals (LPS) along with soft coral. Less than optimal water quality, poor lighting, coral warfare, along with tissue damage due to handling and / or injury occurring in the aquarium can lead to sudden outbreaks of coral disease. These diseases may have a sudden impact, with specimen loss almost overnight, or may slowly progress over time. Ultimately, the presence of a coral disease in the reef aquarium will lead to coral specimen loss. It is vital that disease identification takes place, treatment implemented, and the root cause of the outbreak eliminated to prevent additional infections and spreading to other coral specimens within the aquarium.
Brightwell Aquatics Koral Recover is an All-Natural, coral remedy that will not only treat the affected coral but will help stimulate regrowth of lost coral tissue caused by the disease infection. It is important that the entire aquarium be treated as the disease can continue to affect additional specimens in the aquarium. To help prevent initial outbreaks, it is recommended that corals or frags be pre-treated with Brightwell Aquatics Koral MD dip to prevent damaging hitchhikers from entering the aquarium or MediCoral dip or Frag Recover Dip to prevent bacterial transfer prior to introduction to the main aquarium. This will prepare new corals for their introduction to the display reef aquarium and minimize coral stress and potential disease outbreaks.Features:
- All-Natural, herbal treatment for symptoms affecting live hard and soft corals in marine aquariums.
- Treats a number of symptoms of coral disease such as RTN (Rapid Tissue Necrosis), STN (Slow Tissue Necrosis), White Band, Black Band, Brown Jelly and White Paste.
- Boosts coral immune functions and increases resistance. Stimulates regrowth of lost coral tissue that occurs due to disease, fragging and/or stress.
- Safe for all coral varieties, clams, anemones, sponges, invertebrates (including shrimp), & fish (including sharks, rays, gobies, seahorses, and eels). Also safe for calcareous and macroalgae.
- Will not adversely affect the biological filter as seen with antibiotic usage.
- Does not discolor the aquarium water or alter water parameters.
Instructions & Guidelines:
- Shake product well before using.
- Add 5 mL (1 capful on 500 ml bottle) of Koral Recover daily for every 10 gallons (38 L) of aquarium water.
- Continue to treat (5 mL per 10 gallons) for 7 consecutive days to effectively treat the coral infection.
- Perform a 25% water change after the 7-day treatment protocol.
- If symptoms remain evident after initial treatment, an additional treatment cycle can be implemented.
- It is recommended that the product be added to an area of the aquarium with strong water flow to evenly disperse the product.
- You may notice temporary coral polyp retraction when the product is initially added as corals are highly sensitive to any sudden changes to their immediate habitat.
- It is important that chemical filtration (carbon and resins) be removed prior to dosing as the media will remove the active ingredients and render it less effective.
- Koral Recover may also create excess foaming within the protein skimmer used in the aquarium. It is recommended that the skimmer be adjusted until the excess foaming is minimized.
- Prophylactic use:
- Add 5 mL (1 capful) of Koral Recover for every 10 gallons (38 L) of aquarium water daily for 3 days when adding new corals.
- Brightwell Aquatics Koral Recover is designed to treat corals directly in the aquarium.
- Koral Recover will not only treat the specimens in question but also aid in preventing the spread to additional coral specimens.
- Once corals have been damaged, they need proper nutritional support to fully recover.
- It is recommended that you consider simultaneously using Brightwell Strontion to raise strontium levels and Brightwell Restor to provide proper readily available amino acids to increase coral tissue growth rates and encourage healing.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. If ingested, contact a poison control center. Not for use on fish or invertebrates for human consumption!
Available in: 250ml | 500ml | 1l
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.
January 09, 2020
Yes, I would recommend this.
Pros: Good price
Cons: Does it help as stated? Maybe...doesn’t hurt to try when attempting to heal a damaged coral
I didn’t see a big difference in any damaged corals but they didn’t get worse either.
Was this review helpful? 0 0
March 25, 2019
Yes, I would recommend this.
Soothes stressed corals
Pros: Soothes stressed corals
Cons: Depletes oxygen. Use an airstone!
I tried this in conjunction with restor. Had to dig gall crabs out of my elegance. I used this as a concentrated dip and also treated my whole tank. My corals looked perkier within an hour.
Was this review helpful? 1 0