Purit Complete Chemical Filtration Media for Marine and Freshwater - 250ml
Brightwell Aquatics` Purit is a complete chemical filtration media suitable for use in all marine and freshwater aquaria.
Purit is a next-generation combination of enhanced activated carbon (offering superior chemical filtration characteristics to traditional activated carbon) and NSF-grade ion-exchange and adsorptive resins to enhance removal of impurities such as chloramines, ammonia, nitrate, phosphate, silicate, heavy metals, and dissolved organic material from water.
- Combination of enhanced activated carbon and NSF-grade ion-exchange and adsorptive resins to enhance removal of impurities such as chloramines, ammonia, nitrate, phosphate, silicate, heavy metals, and dissolved organic material from water.
- Facilitates decomposition and oxidation/reduction reactions, enhancing oxidation-reduction potential (ORP), and improving water quality.
- Improves water clarity by removing dyes and discoloration from water.
- Eliminates odors caused by decaying organic material.
- Removes copper from medicated systems. Removes lead and other heavy metals.
- Completely safe for use in all reef, mixed-reef, fish-only, community, and planted aquaria.
- Available in 3 sizes: 250ml | 500ml | 1L
Instructions & Guidelines
- Prior to use, rinse Purit under a stream of fresh water.
- When used as directed, each 100 ml of Purit will help maintain water quality in 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) for up to 6-months, depending upon system`s bioload, rate of nutrient input to system, initial nutrient concentrations, and efficiency of pre-existing filtration utilized.
- The use of a mechanical pre-filter to remove particulate organic material from aquarium water prior to its interaction with Purit will prolong the media`s effectiveness.
- Regardless of the method of application, slowing the flow of water through the media will improve its efficiency
- In general, forced, laminar flow (e.g. flow in one direction, not turbulent or "fluidized") of aquarium water through Purit will result in more rapid extraction of impurities than will placing the media inside a mesh bag and allowing it to passively remove impurities. Therefore, placing Purit in a canister filter for the first one or two application to an aquarium will result in a significant decrease in the concentrations of latent dissolved organic material and other impurities, helping bring them under control; subsequently, Purit can be employed in a mesh bag, if desired, for long-term control of nutrients and impurities.
- Expect Purit to exhaust more rapidly during the first application if the system is high in dissolved organic material. Subsequent applications will yield positive results for a much longer period of time.
- Discard and replace Purit when signs of water discoloration begin to re-appear in aquarium system.
- If using to remove chloramines from tap water, perform a test on filtered water to verify that Purit has not become exhausted prior to adding the water to an aquarium containing living organisms.
- Canister Filtration:
- Load Purit into filter cartridge, or into in-line media housing, as directed by filter manufacturer. Some canisters may require that the media be housed inside a mesh bag, within the housing. Use a 150-micron mesh filter bag (included) in this case.
- Passive Filtration:
- Place Purit loosely in a 150-micron mesh filter bag and locate in an area of low- to medium-flow. Turning bag over once weekly will serve to shift the media and increases effectiveness of this method.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.