Purit Complete Chemical Filtration Media for Marine and Freshwater - 500ml
Brightwell Aquatics` Purit is a complete chemical filtration media suitable for use in all marine and freshwater aquaria.
Purit is a next-generation combination of enhanced activated carbon (offering superior chemical filtration characteristics to traditional activated carbon) and NSF-grade ion-exchange and adsorptive resins to enhance removal of impurities such as chloramines, ammonia, nitrate, phosphate, silicate, heavy metals, and dissolved organic material from water.
- Combination of enhanced activated carbon and NSF-grade ion-exchange and adsorptive resins to enhance removal of impurities such as chloramines, ammonia, nitrate, phosphate, silicate, heavy metals, and dissolved organic material from water.
- Facilitates decomposition and oxidation/reduction reactions, enhancing oxidation-reduction potential (ORP), and improving water quality.
- Improves water clarity by removing dyes and discoloration from water.
- Eliminates odors caused by decaying organic material.
- Removes copper from medicated systems. Removes lead and other heavy metals.
- Completely safe for use in all reef, mixed-reef, fish-only, community, and planted aquaria.
- Available in 3 sizes: 250ml | 500ml | 1L
Instructions & Guidelines
- Prior to use, rinse Purit under a stream of fresh water.
- When used as directed, each 100 ml of Purit will help maintain water quality in 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) for up to 6-months, depending upon system`s bioload, rate of nutrient input to system, initial nutrient concentrations, and efficiency of pre-existing filtration utilized.
- The use of a mechanical pre-filter to remove particulate organic material from aquarium water prior to its interaction with Purit will prolong the media`s effectiveness.
- Regardless of the method of application, slowing the flow of water through the media will improve its efficiency
- In general, forced, laminar flow (e.g. flow in one direction, not turbulent or "fluidized") of aquarium water through Purit will result in more rapid extraction of impurities than will placing the media inside a mesh bag and allowing it to passively remove impurities. Therefore, placing Purit in a canister filter for the first one or two application to an aquarium will result in a significant decrease in the concentrations of latent dissolved organic material and other impurities, helping bring them under control; subsequently, Purit can be employed in a mesh bag, if desired, for long-term control of nutrients and impurities.
- Expect Purit to exhaust more rapidly during the first application if the system is high in dissolved organic material. Subsequent applications will yield positive results for a much longer period of time.
- Discard and replace Purit when signs of water discoloration begin to re-appear in aquarium system.
- If using to remove chloramines from tap water, perform a test on filtered water to verify that Purit has not become exhausted prior to adding the water to an aquarium containing living organisms.
- Canister Filtration:
- Load Purit into filter cartridge, or into in-line media housing, as directed by filter manufacturer. Some canisters may require that the media be housed inside a mesh bag, within the housing. Use a 150-micron mesh filter bag (included) in this case.
- Passive Filtration:
- Place Purit loosely in a 150-micron mesh filter bag and locate in an area of low- to medium-flow. Turning bag over once weekly will serve to shift the media and increases effectiveness of this method.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.
Most orders under $39 ship for only $5.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in up to 7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in up to 7 business days. Just spend $39 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 1-2 business days. Upgrade from free economy shipping to faster shipping for only $5.99—or spend $250 and we'll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
We are unable to accept returns of Digital Aquatics, Neptune Systems, Vertex Aquaristik, Aqua Illumination (AI), EcoTech Marine, GHL, or Seneye products once the manufacturer's packaging seals have been broken.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
Abyzz, American Marine, AquaIllumination, AutoAqua, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Giesemann, GHL, Hanna Instruments, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Iwaki, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Mur-lok, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Somatic, Tunze, Vertex Aquaristik, and Waterbox Aquariums
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards