ConeS RC-2 In-Sump Protein Skimmer - AquaMaxx
AquaMaxx has a dedicated R&D team with more than 10 years experience designing high-performance, high-quality yet affordable protein skimmers. Moreover, AquaMaxx skimmers are engineered with computer-precision and are outfitted with the latest filtration innovations.
The new RC Series of skimmers features an exclusive design that promotes bubble re-circulation while dramatically reducing bubble spillage. The recycling of free bubbles increases contact time between air and water in the chamber, allowing for more protein extraction. This revolutionary design evenly distributes the flow of air and water through the flow plate, which improves overall skimmer performance.
AquaMaxx ConeS Skimmers feature high-quality Italian-made Sicce pumps. Each Sicce pump motor block is then modified and fitted with proprietary AquaMaxx needle wheel impellers. With the precise modifications and upgrades, performance is boosted much beyond that of a stock pump. The upgraded AquaMaxx ‘Shark’ pump is capable of drawing in significantly more air and chops them up to the optimum bubble size for protein extraction. These pump and protein skimmer combinations deliver unprecedented performance and reliability. Accumulated protein and organics will be vigorously removed from your tank so you can focus less on maintenance and more on enjoying your piece of the reef.
AquaMaxx Cone-Series Protein Skimmers are designed from the ground up with the hobbyist in mind. A built-in air intake silencer reduces noise for near-silent operation. The hybrid-cone design maximizes the size of the reaction chamber and to allow the skimmate to smoothly rise into the collection cup. The advanced Bubble Chamber decreases turbulence and produces a stable laminar flow: which improves bubble transition and boosts skimmer performance.
- *NEW* Exclusive bubble re-circulation design allows for more protein extraction and improved skimmer performance
- *NEW* Quick-Precise adjustment valve allows for fast tuning of the skimmer water level to control wet/dry foam production
- *NEW* Improved silencer with double expansion chamber to further reduce noise
- *NEW* Comfortable and easy-to-clean collection cup design with more ergonomic handle
- Modified and upgraded Italian Sicce needle-wheel pump produces optimum bubble size for high-efficiency protein skimming
- Efficient, durable and reliable
- Simple to set up and operate
- Cell-cast acrylic construction
- ShockMaxx rubber feet isolate noise and reduce vibration
- Filtration Rating: up to 300 Gallons (light bioload) or 160 Gallons (heavy bioload)
- Footprint: 12.8" x 7.6"
- Height: 22.2"
- Chamber Diameter: 6"
- Recommended Water Level: 8-10"
- Pump: AquaMaxx SHARK 2.0 (modified and upgraded Sicce pump)
- Pump Power Consumption: 22 Watts
- Water Flow: 2200 l/hr
- Air Intake: 600 l/hr
Product manuals & documentation
AquaMaxx is a Southern California-based aquarium supply company that entered the market in mid-2008 with a line of affordable metal halide bulbs. The brand quickly gained recognition as word spread about the high quality and low cost of their lamps. In 2009, AquaMaxx released a line of aquarium filter socks and, in early 2010, unveiled an assortment of high-performance protein skimmer accessories and upgrades.
January 09, 2021
Yes, I would recommend this.
I love the new RC line!
Pros: Solid - Sicce pumps are very reliable
Cons: none so far
This is a great skimmer at any price. If you catch this when its on sale, even better. I'm a coral farmer in Ohio and this runs on a 180 gallon raceway. I will buy more. It is stable and does not overflow. The gate is responsive. I'm glad I went back to a AC pump, the Sicce is paired well for this body size, so one less thing to fail long term, with no controller. My Apex confirms the low wattage draw too. I originally bought their hang-on back blue skimmer for my QT and I thought the bottle shape bubble plate was a little gimmicky. Though after using it I see how stable the bubbles rise without swirling. Good design. That's why I considered this RC line. The dome cup top is a cool viewing window. The side style air vents are a little harder to clean but it's an OK trade-off for the clear top. I can see how dry the foam is. Give this some consideration.
Was this review helpful? 0 0