Brightwell Aquatics CoralAmino is a complex that closely approximates ratios of amino acids present in many species of stony corals; the formulation is based upon extensive research conducted on tropical coral reefs by oceanographic researchers. While the ratios of amino acids present in coral tissue vary between species, general ratios are approximately maintained, enabling an effective average to be created that will benefit not only stony corals, but also soft corals, solitary, and colonial polyps (e.g. Xenia, Anthelia, Zoanthus, Discoma, Actinodiscus, etc.). The amino acids are present in their most elementary form (”free-form”) rather than being accounted for by their presence in a food or complex nutrient; in this fashion, they are readily available to corals and their allies. The main benefit of this quality is the ease in which corals can assimilate the amino acids into their tissue for the purpose of growth and tissue repair. Secondary benefits of some amino acids are their role in enhancing the coloration of corals.
Corals maintained under optimal chemical and environmental conditions are able to reproduce (both sexually and asexually) more rapidly when the required nutrients are available. The presence of these free-form amino acids is particularly important to corals that have undergone, or will undergo, fragmenting or other means of propagation in which some amount of tissue is damaged.Overview:
- Complex of free-form amino acids in the same ratios found within tissues of stony corals.
- Beneficial to all corals (stony and soft), as well as solitary and colonial polyps.
- Free-form amino acids:
- 1. Provide the building blocks of coral tissue in ideal ratios to encourage the formation of new tissue.
2. Encourage new tissue growth to repair damage incurred during fragmentation and propagation.
3. Encourage growth by budding and fission.
4. Encourage vibrant coloration.
- Formulated based upon data compiled by oceanographers researching coral tissue profiles.
- Does not require refrigeration.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
- Shake product well before using. Turn protein skimmer and other forms of mechanical filtration off prior to adding CoralAmino to aquaria, and allow 10 - 15 minutes after use before resuming operation of filtration.
- Target Feeding (recommended): Pour 1 ml (~20 drops) into a small container and suck a portion into feeding device, then slowly discharge contents 2 - 4” upstream of target organism(s). Repeat these steps as deemed necessary.
- Do not place the glass dropper directly into aquarium water unless you plan to thoroughly rinse it (inside and outside) with fresh water before placing dropper back into bottle; failure to do so will contaminate the product and encourage it to decompose.
- Broadcast Feeding: Add up to 1 ml per 50 gallons of water in an area of rapid water movement daily for the first four weeks of use.
- Notes: Research indicates that amino acid uptake in corals takes place externally rather than internally; therefore, soaking foods in CoralAmino would be of little use. Rather, it is best utilized by target feeding specific corals and their allies; in doing so, the majority of the amino acids reach the intended organisms rather than ending up in filtration media or indirectly impacting water quality (as often occurs when indescriminately “broadcast feeding”).
- Add no more than 5 ml total of liquid food suspensions per 50 gallons of water in the entire aquarium system daily for the first four weeks of use; thereafter, the dosage may be gradually increased as desired.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
- Detailed information on this product and its’ use can be found on our website.
- Guaranteed Analysis
- Moisture (max) 99.00%, crude protein (min) 1.00%, crude fat (min) 0%, crude fiber (min) 0%
- Purified water, proprietary complex of free-form amino acids.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.