Coral Color Intense Mm System (Minerals) 500ml - Continuum Aquatics
Timed release iron and mineral complex for intense coloration of corals in marine reef aquaria.
The Continuum advantage:
The Coral Color Intense System requires the use of 4 products simultaneously:
- Color Basis Calcium +
- Coral Color Intense V
- Coral Color Intense H
- Coral Color Intense Mm
The System replaces crucial vitamins, minor and trace minerals lost to coral uptake, carbon filtration, and protein skimming for growth and intense coloration of live corals. This product, Coral Color Intense•MM provides the iron, boron and a plethora of the minerals required by the phytopigments that provide color in corals.
Use in aquarium keeping:
Vitamins and minerals influence the coloration and color intensity of all corals by providing essential nutrients for the chemical reactions that take place to form biochromes in living tissues. In addition to the three Coral Intense Supplements, we recommend that you also use Coral Exponential to provide needed amino acids for coral tissue growth. Continue supplementation of major minerals with liquid or dry Reef•Basis Calcium, Magnesium, Strontium, and Potassium or Reef•Sculpture 2 part or Reef•Basis Kalkwasser but discontinue iodine and trace element supplements because those will be provided by the Coral Intense System. Feed animals normally.
The hobbyist should pay close attention to the alkalinity, or KH of the system and closely monitor the calcium, magnesium and strontium levels. Continuum recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7.5 to 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1275 to 1350 mg/L (ppm).
Directions and protocol:
Expert Use Easy Calculations based on measured iodine level:
- Continuum recommends an iron level of 0.13 ppm in the aquarium
- To increase the iron level .01 ppm in the aquarium, add 1.15 ml of Coral Color Intense Mm for every 25 gallons (100L) of aquarium capacity
- The calculation is: ml of product = tank capacity in gallons x PPM of Iodine addition x 4.6
- Example: if you have a 100 gallon tank and you are raising the iron level by .04 ppm you would multiply 100 x .03 x 4.6 which equals 4.6 ml of Coral Color Intense H or about 1 capful
Expert Use Easy Calculations based on calcium addition:
- For every 20 ppm of calcium added, you will add 1 ml of Coral Color Intense•MM for every 25 gallons (100L) of aquarium capacity
- The calculation is: ml of product = tank capacity in gallons x PPM of Calcium added x .002
- Example: if you have a 100 gallon tank and you are raising the calcium level by 40 ppm you would multiply 100 x 40 x 0.002 which equals 8 ml of Coral Color Intense•MM or about 1-1/2 capfuls
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. Contains trace minerals, if ingested drink water. If in eyes flush with water.
The vision for Continuum Aquatics is to continue the quest of Jack Kent, long time hobbyist and aquarium products pioneer, for the most innovative and high quality aquarium products combined with excellence in customer service. Continuum products are innovative and cutting edge. Continuum manufactures nutritional supplements, vitamins and filtration media, as well as aquarium tools designed for use by the novice aquarist, and the most advanced hobbyist or maintenance company. Through Continuum, Jack has put his over 20 years of expertise in design and manufacturing of aquarium products for aquarium hobbyists and public aquariums into high quality new products that are available to and affordable by hobbyists.