Coralline Accelerator - Nutrients for Coralline Algae Growth in Marine & Reef Aquariums - 500ML
Brightwell Aquatic`s Coralline Accelerator provides crucial elements and molecules necessary for the growth of coralline algae, corals, clams, and similar invertebrates. The active components of Coralline Accelerator are provided by a combination of sources including natural aragonite, which increases the solubility and effectiveness of the solution.
- Complete source of the elements and molecules that are directly used by coralline algae, corals, clams, mollusks, snails, tube worms, and more
- Provides calcium, strontium, magnesium, and potassium in approximately the same ratios* in which they occur in aragonite.
- Very strong source of carbonates (derived from aragonite), the other important group of ions involved in aragonite formation.
- Increases alkalinity to help stabilize pH.
- Stronger than competing products.
- May be used as an inexpensive alternative to automated calcium reactor systems with similar results
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
Note: Target ion-specific supplementation may be called for in some aquaria, depending upon stocking density of reef-building organisms and environmental conditions within the system. Additionally, hobbyists may choose to use Coralline Accelerator in conjunction with other methods of calcium, strontium, magnesium, and carbonate supplementation as a means of diversifying their dosing routine. The rate at which calcium and carbonates are extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of supplementation.
Instructions & Guidelines:
- Shake product well before using.
- Add 10 ml (2 capfuls) of product per 50 US-gallons of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the calcium concentration within a range of 412 - 450 ppm. When used in this fashion, 500 ml treats up to 2,500 US-gallons (9,450 L).
- Coralline Accelerator may temporarily cloud aquarium water after addition, therefore it is recommended that the product be dosed in the late evening.
- Determine the calcium concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing.
- Shake product well before using.
- Each ml of Coralline Accelerator will increase the concentration of calcium (“[Ca2+]”) in 1 US-gallon (3.785 L) of water by approximately 20 ppm.
- If the initial [Ca2+] in the aquarium is below 412 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 20 ml per 30 US-gallons daily until the desired calcium concentration is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed (see below).
- Always try to maintain the [Ca2+] within a range of +/-10 ppm.
- Multiply tank capacity in gallons x ppm increase desired x .05047 = ml of product to add.
- For Example: to raise the concentration of calcium in a 50 gallon aquarium by 2 ppm, the calculation is: 50 x 2 x .05047 = 5.047 ml or about one capful. (a capful is 5 ml).
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.
Most orders under $39 ship for only $5.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in up to 7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in up to 7 business days. Just spend $39 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 1-2 business days. Upgrade from free economy shipping to faster shipping for only $5.99—or spend $250 and we'll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
We are unable to accept returns of Digital Aquatics, Neptune Systems, Vertex Aquaristik, Aqua Illumination (AI), EcoTech Marine, GHL, or Seneye products once the manufacturer's packaging seals have been broken.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
Abyzz, American Marine, AquaIllumination, AutoAqua, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Giesemann, GHL, Hanna Instruments, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Iwaki, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Mur-lok, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Somatic, Tunze, Vertex Aquaristik, and Waterbox Aquariums
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards