Iodide is naturally found in the ocean and considered the most safe and biologically available form of iodine. It is critical for cellular function and the transfer of nutrients within cells.In corals iodine is used in the synthesis of pigments, which allows them to adapt to varying light conditions and provides them with protection from UV radiation. Invertebrates with exoskeletons (such as shrimp and crabs) require iodine for molting and forming new exoskeletons as they grow.
- Supports health of corals, shrimps, crabs, and other marine life
- Is an important micro-nutrient for many marine plants
- May enhance a coral`s ability to adapt to changing light intensity and spectrum
- Supports molting and formation of new exoskeletons
- 1 drop per gallon per week (1 ml per 20 gallons per week)
Product manuals & documentation
E.S.V. Aquarium Supplies
E.S.V. Aquarium Products is a Hicksville, New York based aquarium supply company that specializes in the production of aquarium additives and supplements. Their 2-part B-Ionic Calcium Buffer System is a staple in the marine aquarium hobby and is the company`s flagship product, earning favorable reviews and rankings from hobbyists of all levels of experience. Their additives are known for being affordable, easy to administer and chemically sound. E.S.V. recently released a spray dried phytoplankton that eliminates the need to culture live phytoplankton. Granular activated carbon, coral glue, salt mix and various other supplements round out their product offerings.