Fish, aquatic plants, and invertebrates require that specific elements be present in the water to aid with osmotic balance and ensure proper biochemical function, contributing to overall long-term health and survival. Florin Delta GH+ fulfills this requirement with a formulation based on data compiled from up-to-date aquatic research.
- Establishes an optimal mineral balance in water that has been purified or is exceedingly-soft for all freshwater planted aquaria, as well as for biotope aquaria housing fishes indigenous to forested and/or riverine habitats.
- Supplies potassium, magnesium, and calcium, elements which are vital to the overall health of aquatic plants, in beneficial ratios. Has higher solubility than competing supplements.
- May be used to establish beneficial water parameters in aquaria filled with purified water, to replenish depleted mineral concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water change, and to re-establish mineral concentrations following large water changes.
- Provides trace chloride, a valuable plant nutrient, in a beneficial concentration.
- Formulated utilizing extensive research on aquatic plant nutrient requirements.
- For complete information, click the `Technical` button at the top right.
Instructions and Guidelines
- Consult a reference book listing the water chemistry requirements of the plants and/or fishes being maintained to determine the optimal range of GH and/or TDS. Remember to adjust alkalinity (KH or carbonate hardness), pH, and temperature of the water prior to adding it into an aquarium housing live organisms. Determine GH and/or TDS in the aquarium prior to treating purified water with Florin Delta GH+, then follow directions on opposite panel accordingly. Do not add this product directly to an established aquarium without first diluting in water as directed.
- While Florin Delta GH+ provides the basis of good water chemistry for planted aquaria, addition of specific macro- and micronutrients may be required as a result of their absence from this formulation and/or enhanced rates of biouptake by aquatic flora and fauna. Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti, Florin-K, Florin-Fe, FlorinAxis, and FlorinGro may be employed to address these requirements. Florin Delta KH+ increases alkalinity (carbonate hardness). Please visit www.brightwellaquatics.com for information on these supplements.
- When preparing water for a water change: For every 5 US-gallons of water to be changed, dissolve 2 grams of Florin Delta GH+ in purified water or tap water and mix thoroughly to dissolve. Assuming a starting GH and TDS of 0, this will result in an increase of ~1.9 dGH and ~104 ppm, respectively. When employed at this dosing rate, 500 g treats 1,250 US-gallons (4,732 L). See Advanced Instructions to adjust strength of sol`n.
- When preparing water for a new planted aquarium set up: Always adjust the water chemistry prior to adding live organisms to the aquarium. If placing the plants into the substrate prior to completely filling the aquarium, adjust the GH, KH, pH, and temperature of the water in a separate vessel (e.g. in a large, clean pail or vat) before adding it to the aquarium. Do not add a large volume of purified water to the aquarium and then attempt to adjust the water chemistry afterwards, as this will be stressful to the plants. Do not use when replacing water lost to evaporation.
- Use Advanced Instructions below to calculate the amount of Florin Delta GH+ that will be required to bring about the desired change in GH or TDS to the volume of water to be used.
- Advanced Instructions: Each gram of Florin Delta GH+ will increase the GH and TDS in 1 US-gallon of water by 4.7 dGH and 260 ppm, respectively. To obtain a specific GH and/or TDS value, divide the desired change in GH by 4.7 (or if TDS is preferred, divide the desired change in TDS by 260), then multiply this number by the net volume of water (in gallons) in the aquarium. Example: if the GH in 15 US-gallons is to be increased by 5 dGH, then add 16 g Florin Delta GH+ (5 ÷ 4.7 = 1.06 g per gallon; 1.06 g per gallon x 15 gallons = 16 g).
- Caution: May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Ingredients: Proprietary multivalent cation blend with appropriate anion ratios and trace minerals to provide GH to replicate natural waters
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.