Fish, aquatic plants, and invertebrates require that specific elements be present in the water to aid with osmotic balance and ensure proper biochemical function, contributing to overall long-term health and survival. Florin Delta GH+ fulfills this requirement with a formulation based on data compiled from up-to-date aquatic research.
- Establishes an optimal mineral balance in water that has been purified or is exceedingly-soft
for all freshwater planted aquaria, as well as for biotope aquaria housing fishes indigenous to
forested and/or riverine habitats.
- Supplies potassium, magnesium, and calcium, elements which are vital to the overall health
of aquatic plants, in beneficial ratios. Has higher solubility than competing supplements.
- May be used to establish beneficial water parameters in aquaria filled with purified water,
to replenish depleted mineral concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water
change, and to re-establish mineral concentrations following large water changes.
- Provides trace chloride, a valuable plant nutrient, in a beneficial concentration.
- Formulated utilizing extensive research on aquatic plant nutrient requirements.
- For complete information, click the `Technical` button at the top right.
Instructions and Guidelines
- Consult a reference book listing the water chemistry requirements of the plants and/or fishes being maintained to determine the optimal range of GH and/or TDS. Remember to adjust alkalinity (KH or carbonate hardness), pH, and temperature of the water prior to adding it into an aquarium housing live organisms. Determine GH and/or TDS in the aquarium prior to treating purified water with Florin Delta GH+, then follow directions on opposite panel accordingly. Do not add this product directly to an established aquarium without first diluting in water as directed.
- While Florin Delta GH+ provides the basis of good water chemistry for planted aquaria, addition of specific macro- and micronutrients may be required as a result of their absence from this formulation and/or enhanced rates of biouptake by aquatic flora and fauna. Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti, Florin-K, Florin-Fe, FlorinAxis, and FlorinGro may be employed to address these requirements. Florin Delta KH+ increases alkalinity (carbonate hardness). Please visit www.brightwellaquatics.com for information on these supplements.
- When preparing water for a water change: For every 5 US-gallons of water to be changed, dissolve 2 grams of Florin Delta GH+ in purified water or tap water and mix thoroughly to dissolve. Assuming a starting GH and TDS of 0, this will result in an increase of ~1.9 dGH and ~104 ppm, respectively. When employed at this dosing rate, 500 g treats 1,250 US-gallons (4,732 L). See Advanced Instructions to adjust strength of sol`n.
- When preparing water for a new planted aquarium set up: Always adjust the water chemistry prior to adding live organisms to the aquarium. If placing the plants into the substrate prior to completely filling the aquarium, adjust the GH, KH, pH, and temperature of the water in a separate vessel (e.g. in a large, clean pail or vat) before adding it to the aquarium. Do not add a large volume of purified water to the aquarium and then attempt to adjust the water chemistry afterwards, as this will be stressful to the plants. Do not use when replacing water lost to evaporation.
- Use Advanced Instructions below to calculate the amount of Florin Delta GH+ that will be required to bring about the desired change in GH or TDS to the volume of water to be used.
- Advanced Instructions: Each gram of Florin Delta GH+ will increase the GH and TDS in 1 US-gallon of water by 4.7 dGH and 260 ppm, respectively. To obtain a specific GH and/or TDS value, divide the desired change in GH by 4.7 (or if TDS is preferred, divide the desired change in TDS by 260), then multiply this number by the net volume of water (in gallons) in the aquarium. Example: if the GH in 15 US-gallons is to be increased by 5 dGH, then add 16 g Florin Delta GH+ (5 ÷ 4.7 = 1.06 g per gallon; 1.06 g per gallon x 15 gallons = 16 g).
- Caution: May cause eye or skin irritation. If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. If on skin, wash thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Ingredients: Proprietary multivalent cation blend with appropriate anion ratios and trace minerals to provide GH to replicate natural waters
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.
Most orders under $29 ship for only $2.99 using a mix of economy shipping methods including UPS Ground, USPS First Class, and/or SurePost. Your order will be delivered in up to 7 business days after it ships out.
We ship 99% of the products we carry for free within the contiguous United States using a mix of economy methods including USPS First Class Mail, SurePost and UPS Ground. Your order will arrive in up to 7 business days. Just spend $29 or more!
Over 90% of shoppers receive their orders within 1-2 business days. Upgrade from free economy shipping to faster shipping for only $2.99—or spend $250 and we'll upgrade you automatically!
Expedited shipping services are available for most products if you are in a hurry. Get guaranteed delivery in 2 business days, 1 business day, or next day by 10:30 am. Costs vary by location.
Same-day shipping is available Monday-Friday for most products—place your order by 10:30 am PST. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items do not qualify, nor do drop-shipped, live, or frozen shipments.
We ship live plants, live foods, and frozen foods within the contiguous United States. Each of these categories is subject to its own $19.99 flat-rate shipping fee to cover the special packaging and/or expedited shipping costs required to ensure safe delivery. Orders with 12+ live plants ship free!
Learn More About Shipping
Return any new and unused item within 60 days for a full refund. Having difficulty with a product? Contact us to speak with an aquarium expert. If you need a replacement, fill out this form.
A small segment of the 180+ brands we carry require that customers contact them directly if/when problems arise. You can view the full list of those brands and get their contact info here.
We are unable to accept returns of Digital Aquatics, Neptune Systems, Vertex Aquaristik, Aqua Illumination (AI), EcoTech Marine, GHL, or Seneye products once the manufacturer's packaging seals have been broken.
Marine Depot is an authorized reseller for every product we carry. That means when you buy aquarium supplies from us, your products are not only backed by our own 60-day return policy, they also carry full factory warranties, where applicable. Some items have a 1-year warranty, others have limited lifetime warranties. Warranty coverage varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please read the product description of the item(s) you are considering thoroughly for details or contact us if you have warranty questions.
Learn More About Returns
Rack up reward points to earn discounts on future purchases! You can earn reward points by creating an account, writing reviews, referring friends, subscribing to our newsletter, buying products, and more!
- Earn 5 reward points for every $1 you spend to get 5% cash back
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 you spend to get 1% cash back
Abyzz, American Marine, AquaIllumination, AutoAqua, CoralVue, Digital Aquatics, EcoTech Marine, Giesemann, GHL, Hanna Instruments, Hydor, IceCap, Innovative Marine, Iwaki, Kamoer, Kessil, Klir, Korallen-Zucht, Maxspect, Mur-lok, Nano Box, Neptune Systems, NYOS, Oceanbox Designs, Pax Bellum, Radium, Red Sea, Reef Glass, Reef Octopus, Seneye, Somatic, Tunze, Vertex Aquaristik, and Waterbox Aquariums
You can also get bonus reward points by purchasing select items during special sales and promotions.
Learn More About Rewards