Florin-I helps provide iodine and iodide to ornamental shrimp in all planted aquaria. Iodine is supplemented in a time-release method, where as idodide is a free ion.
Crustaceans such as shrimp, lobsters, and crabs all have a carapace they use as protection. This exoskeleton is composed of a chitin/calcium carbonate these creatures form through a process of secretion and molting. At an early stage in their life cycle, they constantly molt their exoskeleton as they grow, forming a new one in a continuous cycle throughout their lifespan where it slows through adulthood. Providing them with iodine in an aquarium environment evokes molting in specimens that have not done so prior.
For optimal results, an appropriate diet and water chemistry in the aquarium is also needed. TDS/General hardness, alkalinity and elements that improve the crustacean coloration can be provided by Brightwell Aquatic`s: Florin Delta GH+, Florin Delta KH+, NeoTiger KH+/GH+, or Caridina GH+ and FlorinMulti, respectively.
- Copper free and shrimp safe.
- Provides iodide, utilized by crustaceans (shrimp, lobsters, and crabs) to molt or shed their exoskeleton, enabling the crustacean to grow.
- Formulated specifically for ornamental freshwater and brackish water crustaceans maintained in planted and/or biotope aquaria.
- Helps prevent iodine-deficient issues in fish, such as goiter, by providing this critical element in a time-released form.
- Used in conjunction with the appropriate Florin supplements, helps establish and maintain proper water chemistry in planted and community freshwater aquaria.
- Shake product for 3 - 5 seconds before each use. Begin dosing by adding 1/2 capful or 2.0 ml or 1 pump per 8 US-gallons (30 L) in the aquarium every day for a period of 10 days. If no molting occurs, then dosage may be increased by 2 ml or 2/5 capful or one pump additional per 16 US-gallons every day. Once crustacean molts, continue dosing rate and volume for an additional 5 days, then decrease to 2.0 ml or 2/5 capful per 30 US-gallons (114 L) every day for 30-days. Thereafter, dose the standard dose of 2 ml per 30 gallons twice a week. If equipped with a pump, pump is 2 ml.
- Daily dosing is critical to eliciting the molting process. Crustaceans often hide for several days after molting to avoid confrontations with rivals or predators while their exoskeleton hardens to normal strength. Calcium is very important to chitin formation in crustaceans, and is provided by Florin Delta GH+, NeoTiger KH+/GH+, or Caridina GH+. To benefit crustaceans, simply use that product as directed on the label to maintain proper calcium content in the aquarium for plant health. Water with very low TDS (<150 ppm or ~3 dGH) and/or low carbonate hardness (alkalinity) inhibits the formation and hardening of chitin.
- Health and longevity of all captive aquatic organisms, including crustaceans, depends upon proper feeding and maintaining water temperature and chemistry within required ranges. Florin-I will not elicit molting unless the resident crustaceans have the necessary nutrients provided by feeding and are in good overall health.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.