FlorinBacter Clean BioCulture is a unique microbial culture and enzyme blend designed to clean surfaces within freshwater planted and shrimp aquariums.
The concentration of dissolved and particulate organic materials in any aquatic environment can significantly impact the overall appearance and health of inhabitants within that system. Relatively low-nutrient environments are characterized by high water clarity, lack of unpleasant odors, and absence of unsightly coatings; this is collectively a result of the lack of nitrogen-, phosphorus-, and carbon-based waste available. Where as, systems that are relatively rich in available nutrients have characteristics opposite to the low-nutrient environments, and are typically not desirable because of the resultant appearance of the system and the difficulty of maintaining healthy aquarium inhabitants.
Brightwell Aquatics Shrimp FlorinBacter Clean is a selective complex of extremely effective microbes and enzymes that not only reduce the concentrations of organic nitrogen, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, and organic carbon in all freshwater ecosystems, but make maintenance easy by actually loosening accumulations and coatings.
- Copper free and shrimp safe.
- Complex system of non-pathogenic microbes and natural enzymes, specifically formulated to clean aquarium live rock and decorations in all freshwater & planted fish and shrimp aquariums.
- Natural cleaning action on all aquarium and decoration surfaces.
- Loosening of ugly accumulations of unwanted substances and coatings which makes their removal by scraping and vacuuming much easier.
- Establishment of bacterial colonies that multiply and continue to clean the aquarium.
- Rapid reduction of organic carbon, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate.
- Digestion of uneaten/undigested food, excreta, detritus, and other latent organic material, resulting in cleaner and healthier aquarium substrate (without having to physically clean or disturb the substrate bed).
- Important: For use on cycled aquariums where chloramine and chlorine have been removed. If adding or using with tap water, first use ShrimpPrep or Brightwell Erase-Cl to completely remove chloramines and chorine from tap water. Chloramine and chlorine are lethal to the bacteria in this product and if not treated will cause it to fail! Do not use old sodium thiosulfate formulas for chlorine removal because they will not remove chloramine.
- Basic: Shake product well before using. Mix appropriate volume of ShrimpFlorinBacterClean (see below) with 250-ml (~8 fl. oz.) of aquarium water in a clean container prior to addition to aquarium. If using a pipette to dispense ShrimpFlorinBacterClean below water level of container or aquarium, be sure to thoroughly clean pipette with fresh (preferably purified) water prior to placing tube back into ShrimpFlorinBacterClean bottle; failure to do so will contaminate the product. Best results may be obtained by adding mixture to external biological filtration system (if applicable). Do not add to pump intake port(s), which can negatively impact the microbes present in ShrimpFlorinBacterClean. For best results, use within 1-year of purchase date.
- For normal cleaning and to maintain a clean aquarium: Add 10 ml (5 pumps if equipped with a pump or 2 capfuls) per 10 US-gallons (38 L) of aquarium water weekly. Spacing throughout the week is beneficial.
- For problem aquariums or to rapidly accelerate cleaning: Add up to a maximum of 10 ml (5 pumps if equipped with a pump) per 10 US-gallons (38 L) on the first day, then add up to 4 ml (2 pumps if equipped with a pump) per 10 US-gallons (38 L) of aquarium water daily for 2 weeks or longer as necessary until desired results are achieved. Bacteria work slowly, so full results can take up to 8 to 10 weeks for long neglected systems. If cloudiness develops, stop use until clear again, then resume treatment.
- Storage: Although product product does not require refrigeration, and it can withstand storage at room temperature, for best longevity and highest potency, keep refrigerated at 50 degrees F. Do not freeze!
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.