**Please note the Skimmer Sensor is an accessory for the HYDROS Control line by CoralVue. A HYDROS controller (& open Sense Port) is required to use this item.**
HYDROS Skimmer Sensor for Aquarium Controller - Coralvue
The HYDROS Skimmer Sensor is designed to prevent your protein skimmer from overflowing onto the floor or back into your sump.
The sensor is incredibly easy to use: just place it inside any protein skimmer collection cup up to 1/4" thick. There is a magnetic coupling that will sit on the outside of the skimmer cup to keep the sensor securely in place. Once the waste level in the collection cup rises to the point it makes contact with the sensor, it will tell HYDROS to turn the protein skimmer off to prevent overflowing. Your protein skimmer must be plugged into a HYDROS power source, like the Power 4 Power Strip or Smart Plug, for this sort of skimmer security to operate.
- Purpose-built to be placed inside the collection cup of a protein skimmer
- Attaches to any protein skimmer collection cup: you don’t need to purchase a new lid or modify your collection cup for it to work
- No moving parts
- Magnetic attachment
- Suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Uses a GX12 aviation-style connector so the Control 2 and Control 4 maintain their IP65-rating (dust-tight and protected from water spray at any angle).
- Powered, monitored, and controlled by plugging into a Sense Port on the HYDROS Control 2, Control 4, or Control XS. No additional power cord is required.
- Manufactured by AutoAqua, creators of the Smart ATO Micro and an official HYDROS Technology Partner
Skimmer Sensor Specifications:
|Sensor Dimensions:||0.55" Width x 0.75" Diameter|
|Magnetic Mount Dimensions:||0.25" Width x 0.75" Diameter|
|Max Mounting Thickness:||1/4"|
|Connection:||Sense Port on HYDROS Control 2, Control 4, or Control XS|
CoralVue Aquarium Supplies
CoralVue, founded in 2002, provides high-quality aquarium lighting at prices any hobbyist can afford. The company was formed by David D’Aquin, an underwater video and lighting expert who has teamed with commercial divers, the U.S. Navy and National Geographic on a variety of projects. D’Aquin took his knowledge of lighting and electronics and focused these passions on creating products for the aquarium industry. In just a short time, CoralVue pioneered the development of the 400-watt double-ended metal halide bulb and the unique color temperature spectrum of ReefLux metal halide bulbs. CoralVue also develops high-quality electronic metal halide ballasts to power their bulbs. They offer ballasts in single, dual, triple and dimmable lamp models. To compliment their line of lighting products, CoralVue entered the protein skimmer and calcium reactor market in 2004.