Modular mechanical filtration at its finest.
Enjoy maintenance-free aquarium filtration for months at a time. The Patent Pending Klir Fleece Filter Di-7 drops into most 7 inch filter sock holders or chambers, directly replacing filter socks by automatically unrolling new filtering material, removing suspended particles from your aquarium and producing crystal clear water.
Leaving clogged filter socks in your system for a long period of time can be detrimental as food and waste will begin to decay within the filter sock. Most aquarium mechanical filtration incorporates 200 micron filter socks which begin to clog in a matter of days, or, some hobbyists opt for 100 micron socks which clog in mere hours. Klir will remove this waste from your water column before it has time to break down, consistently filters at 50-microns, unlike filter socks, whose filtering capacity naturally diminishes as they are used, washed and reused.
How does it work?
As water passes through the Klir filter and the filtering material becomes saturated with waste, the water level will begin to rise. When the water makes contact with the optical sensor, a motor is activated to roll up the dirty, clogged filter fleece, pulling in clean filter fleece. As the clean material is exposed, it allows water to flow freely again, lowering the water level in the sock tray and deactivating the motor.
Klir`s filtration provides three main benefits:
- Results in crystal clear water filtered down to 50-microns — double the filtering capacity of most filter-socks.
- Waste is removed from the water column before it has time to breakdown, helping to maintain low nutrient parameters!
- The constant chore of monitoring and swapping filter socks or other mechanical media every few days is eliminated for months at a time. Once the filtering media is exhausted, replacing it is a snap and very economical.
- Fully automatic
- Drop-in installation
- Directly replaces 7" filter socks
- Holds 50 yards of fleece filter
- Capable of filtering up to 1800 gph per unit
- Stands 19.5" tall
- Hinges at 8.125" for easier installation
- Base = 5.1875" x 3.25"
- For inset sock hole diameter 6.9"
- For outset sock hole diameter 7.5"
- 1 - 50 Micron / 50 Yards of fleece
- Klir offers a filtering capacity of 50 microns making it two to four times more efficient than filter socks.
- If you feel that 50 micron filtration is too agreesive for your system, then you can opt for a higher micron rating — 50, 80 and 120 micron fleece will soon be available.
- 1 - One inch drain mount and 50 Micron / 50 Yards of fleece
- Securely mount and position your drain at will. Easily detaches for service. Additional drain mounts can be added as needed.
Need to go BIGGER?
For very large systems additional expansion trays and arms (sold separately) are available to increase width and flow rate capacity of the Klir.
- Expansion Trays
- Each expansion tray add an additional 4 inches to the length of the Klir`s effective filtraion area.
- Expansion Brackets
- Each expansion brackets add an additional 4 inches to the height of the Klir allowing for hangin in depper sumps or basins.
CoralVue Aquarium Supplies
CoralVue, founded in 2002, provides high-quality aquarium lighting at prices any hobbyist can afford. The company was formed by David D’Aquin, an underwater video and lighting expert who has teamed with commercial divers, the U.S. Navy and National Geographic on a variety of projects. D’Aquin took his knowledge of lighting and electronics and focused these passions on creating products for the aquarium industry. In just a short time, CoralVue pioneered the development of the 400-watt double-ended metal halide bulb and the unique color temperature spectrum of ReefLux metal halide bulbs. CoralVue also develops high-quality electronic metal halide ballasts to power their bulbs. They offer ballasts in single, dual, triple and dimmable lamp models. To compliment their line of lighting products, CoralVue entered the protein skimmer and calcium reactor market in 2004.